Adding a 311 receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ander

Original poster
Oct 23, 2008
I have a Dish Pro Plus Twin LNBF and a 522 receiver controlling 2 tv's. I want to add a 311 receiver to the system. If I install a DP34 switch, do I still run two cables to the 522 or do I also add a diplexer.

Thanks

The 522 should have come with a separator, which looks like a little splitter and connects to the two sat in ports on the receiver. This would let you use one line for the 522 and another for the 311.

Otherwise yes, you'd need 2 lines from the 34 switch and one for the 311.

If you have a DPP Twin and only a 522 connected you don't need a dp34. The 522 only needs 1 line connected with a separator at the receiver. That leaves 1 port on the Twin for the 311.

from the OP it sounds like he has two wires going to the 522. "... still run two cables to the 522 ..."
So he will need to get a seperator too allow a single cable solution. this would free up the other cable for use at the 322.

question from me: Is there a diplexer at the dish that combines the signals that the seperator, seperates? or is this 'inside' the lnbf?

question from me: Is there a diplexer at the dish that combines the signals that the seperator, seperates? or is this 'inside' the lnbf?
Nah. Plus equipment is capable of Diseqc signalling, which is an advanced European communications system for sat. The receiver sets up the separator and LNB to stack two data lanes onto one line (frequency-division multiplexing), then the separator breaks them out again at the box.

Diplexers only combine analog onto the digital sat line, and break analog off again.

Are you sure it is a dish pro plus twin and not just a dish pro twin? If its DPP there is no need for two lines and no need for a switch. Seperators are cheap, as are DPP twins. Less hassle than a DP34 switch. Your choice though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)