Adding a 3rd recevier to a Dish Pro Twin

taborguy

Original poster
Oct 29, 2005
I would like to add a 3rd receiver to a Dish Pro twin set-up. Can a splitter be used with Dish Pro LNBF's? If not, are their other options besides a Dish Pro quad LNBF (i.e. switch)? I'm not interrested in running more outside coax into the house.

Thanks.

Nope, you need a switch. You can only run 2 (dual tuner) receivers from a Dish Pro Twin without a switch.

You can NOT use a splitter to add a receiver.

Add a DP34 switch where the lines enter the house, then run a line to the 3rd receiver. See the EKB Switch Selecter for more options.

Another possibility is to replace one of your receivers with a dual-tuner 2-room receiver (322, 522/625, 942, 622), and replace the DP Twin with a DP Plus Twin. You'll need to have a phone line connected to avoid a $5 fee.

Additional information on current set up

For clarification my current set up is a DishPro 500 twin with two (2) 301 receivers. The LNBF is not DishPro Plus.

BobaBird said:
You can NOT use a splitter to add a receiver.

Add a DP34 switch where the lines enter the house, then run a line to the 3rd receiver. See the EKB Switch Selecter for more options.

Another possibility is to replace one of your receivers with a dual-tuner 2-room receiver (322, 522/625, 942, 622), and replace the DP Twin with a DP Plus Twin. You'll need to have a phone line connected to avoid a $5 fee.

Replace one 301 with a 322; swap the DP twin LNBF for a DDP twin LNBF; and not have to pay an additional $5 a month for duplicate programming (i.e no more than I pay today with 2 seperate receivers).

Exactly. Or, since you were willing to pay for a 3rd receiver, for $1 more get DVR features on 2 TVs with the 625. The 625 also gives you digital audio output for TV1 and stereo on the modulated TV2 output.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)