Adding a Dish 300 to a Dish 500?

iafirebuff

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 10, 2006
Waterloo, Iowa
Well now that I have upgraded to the Dish 1000, my father inlaw wants to be able to get the voom channels. He has an 811. So, He has a Dish 500 with the built in switch. If he adds a Dish 300, what switch would he need to run this outfit? Thanks!

You could do it in two different ways:

Get a DP34 switch and a DP Dual LNB for the D300. Run 3 cables to the switch (one per satellite) and from the switch feed the receivers. You can feed 4 receivers.

or

Get a DPP Twin LNB and a DP Dual LNB for the D300. Feed the satellite in for the DPP Twin from the DP Dual and run a cable to the receiver from the DPP Twin. You can only feed two receivers.

Thanks! I think I will have him get the DP34, and a DP Dual LNB. He only has 2 receivers, but then he has room in case he wants to add. Thanks again!

You could just add your dish 300 to your set up with a Legacy SW21 Switch.:)
Look on ebay.
Looking at the list I would say it will work.
Good luck.

Last edited:
iafirebuff,

I assummed you have a DP Twin LNB, so option #1 works if you have a DP Twin. If you have a Legacy Twin then you'll need a Legacy Dual LNB and a SW21. I would use all DP if I were you.

I found some on ebay for $10 or less with 15-30 in shipping. So, for about $35 he can get a switch. That's cool. I will keep looking for him!

Thanks again!

I found some Dish 1000's new on ebay for around $80 shipped. I will let him know. Seems like a decent price. He does not want to do the Dish upgrade, as he does not want a contract.

I am getting 90's on the Dish 1000 129 position with my 622. My father inlaw is about 5 miles away, in the country total open southern exposure - perfect for dishes :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts