Adding a Dish for 61.5

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

trido

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Oct 17, 2004
Southern indiana
Is it possible to add a 18" dish for 61.5 run rg6 to receiver have a a/b switch to change from the 61.5 dish and my Super dish 105's DP 34 switch?

Looking at dish store had NO idea a DPP44 cost about 180 dollars switch only.

trido

no you can not cascade a dp21 off of a dp34, tried doesn't work, and you can not do it before the dp34 either, you need a dp44

exactly my point I have gotten it to work 1 out of 10 times and that was just until I got a 44plus in just to keep the guy going.

BnT said:
no you can not cascade a dp21 off of a dp34, tried doesn't work, and you can not do it before the dp34 either, you need a dp44
Wrong. :(

It DOES work - when installed correctly. But as Dish Dude says, it's less reliable - because of the extra connections to tie it all together.

Read the Mad Scientist thread.

I currently have a Dish 500 pointed at 110/119, I have that connected to an 811 and a 522. My question is can I add another Dish500 with Dishpro Dual LNBF pointed at 61.5 and tie it all together outside the house with a DP 34 Switch?

From what can gather I should be able to do this. My current dish has 3 coax runs out of it, going to the 811, and the 2 inputs on the 522. Can I take one of the runs away from the 110/119 dish connect it to the 61.5 dish, then connect those to the DP 34, then connect my receivers back up?

Any help would be appricated as I am weighing my options for getting the 10 Voom channels, and all this stuff is new to me.

Thanks.

yes connect 1 from the left side and 1 from the right of your dp quad and you can use a 34 or buy a dpp twin and use a separator for your 522. I am sure someone has a link to the thread that shows all the diagrams for this

Thanks for the info, I just wanted to make sure that their wasn't a problem with unused ports on the LNBF or the switch, I didn't think their would be as their is already one now.

I think I will just use the 34 as all I have to do is mount the dish, move a run over to the new dish, and add the switch outside before the grounding block. Won't have to touch any wires inside the house then.

Thanks so much for the information.

It's not Left & Right for the correct answer, but odd & even port numbers.

I recommend using ports 1 & 2 from the quad to fed inputs 1 & 2 of the DP34 (1-to-1, 2-to-2).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)