Adding a DVR

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

indytvguy

Original poster
Oct 25, 2005
:) Hi Everyone,
Just joined the forum but have been watching for awhile now. Here's what I have...Oval Dish with 3 LNB; Family room - new R10 Tivo DVR; Bedroom - SD HBH (Standard no frills receiver); Office - DVR 40.
Okay, got the Family room hooked into the two lines that come in from the wall so I can record/watch 2 different programs, bedroom is hooked into the one line that was run; Office - currently hooked into the 1 line that was run...What I'd like to do is hook this DVR into a 2nd line so I can record/watch 2 different programs.
Since there are 4 lines coming out of the dish now, is that what I'm limited to? I've read about the 4x8 & 5x8 multiswitches and understand the 3lnb oval dish has a switch built in, can you point me to a resource to figure out where this switch is and if I can accomplish having 2 dvr with 2 lines each and 1 standard receiver with 1 line?
Thanks so much!

ALL 4 feeds from the dish need to be hooked into a 4x8 or 5x8 switch then you will have the ability to use 8 runs out of the switch.

The Phase 3 dish has a switch built into the LNB... thats irrelavent to hooking up a 4x8 or 5x8. make sure its cascadable but i havent seen one in a while that wasnt.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)