This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Adding a Genie Mini

EnronRocks

Original poster
Jan 3, 2023
Tampa, FL
I've got DirecTV installed to a single TV in my house, it's a Genie HR54-500. I want to add a Genie Mini to the system for a TV that will be on the other side of the wall that the Genie HR54-500 is installed on. How would I go about accomplishing this? I did some searching to see if I could find any documentation or tutorials on how to do it, but I must not be searching the right terms.

I was looking at the Genie Mini's on eBay and they seem to be fairly cheap compared to purchasing it for $99 directly from DirecTV, although the $99 includes them sending out a tech to do the installation.

Are you going to be adding 4K Service? Currently there is NO wireless 4K MINI so you will need a RG6 Coax cable installed at that location + the TV would also need to be 4k. (WIRED 4K MINI is a C61K-700)

If you do not have 4k Service -you can get a wireless MINI from D*tv and add it to the new location.

You can’t buy a mini off eBay and activate it. It has to come from DIRECTV

why didn't you order it all together. the tech could have had it up and running and the client will extend your contract!!! in your case by how long i dunno