Adding a motor

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DapOrp

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 31, 2005
I want to add a motor to my setup, but I'm curious, after I scan a satellite and get all the channels, if I move it to another satellite and get channels from there, if I want to go back to the previous satellite, do I have to re-scan it again? or can I just click on a channel and it will know "ok that one's over here, move, and tune" ?

Right now I use RitzDVB. But I do have other software installed that I haven't messed with yet, MyTheatre, and VisionPlus (came with the card).

If your card software is like mine and according to it's info, it should have a setting for scanning and set up for multiple satellites for switching between separate dishes and remember the entries you accept like your TV channel setup only there's more than one set of channels.
If you have positional azimuth and direction settings you can dial in, it shouldn't know any difference.

If my equipment turns out to be compatible I'll be building one with a couple of parted out printer chopper wheels and stepper motors. I'll have to write some comm port software and do a little breadboarding though. Will post the software here if all turns out alright. Ya the wireing diags too. Actually, there's a lot of home brews as such out there for telescopes. Just hunt a little.
There should be a post for already somewhere around this sight since HAMs turn SAT nuts were doing dish adjustments 10 years ago in DOS with really big dishes the size of my room.

DapOrp said:
I want to add a motor to my setup, but I'm curious, after I scan a satellite and get all the channels, if I move it to another satellite and get channels from there, if I want to go back to the previous satellite, do I have to re-scan it again? or can I just click on a channel and it will know "ok that one's over here, move, and tune" ?

Right now I use RitzDVB. But I do have other software installed that I haven't messed with yet, MyTheatre, and VisionPlus (came with the card).

I am running MyTheatre on a Twinhan and a Nexus-S .

Click on the channel & it sends the motor to the sat that channel is on . Course , you have to give it a few seconds to move . :)

Wyr

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts