Adding a satellite to Coolsat 4000

Status
Please reply by conversation.

pappapump

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 14, 2005
On that list you sent us, I see some satellites not listed on the Coolsat Pro 4000.
I try to add them where the blank spaces are and all I can do is change the name.
There is no way to set a frequency that I can tell.
I tried everything.
Do you have any idea how to ADD satellites to your Coolsat?
OH and btw, my reciever DID have crap software installed, I discovered it after I did the firmware update.
It never actually did anything as far as I can tell, but I assume it was all meant for Circular LNB anyway and im using just the linear.
The loader did a check, and erase and then a complete update.
It also added a calculator. Not that I'll need it for anything, but it's always nice to see a company updating their product.
OH and the bonus is, All the Sats are named correctly now.

Not Iceberg, but I had to do it through Channelmaster, a PC program that would allow me to set the name, LO, etc.

I think if you search, you will find a link to it.

On the Coolsat, you add the Sat name in the "Dish Setting" screen. Exit out and it will save. You then add the Freq. in the "Motorized Section" screen. Set it to USALS and then input the Freq. and Direction. Exit out and it will save. Then do a blind scan.

To add to what the others have said...

You might need to go back in and delete the stored transponders for a given satellite before it'll act 'right'. I had re-used some of the c-band sats on my Coolsat for missing Ku sats.

Now I'm c-band capable and have to pick and choose which sats I want ot be able to see. Well, that is when I ever get another DVB receiver :). I'm concidering a DVB World box but I know I'd miss blind scan.

changed title :)

I know on the 5000, you can add satellites with ease. I havent worked with the 4000 in a while.

But I think the above covered it. If you dont have C-Band, just rename one of them and change the frequencies.

So, I can't actually use one of the blank ones?
There's about 10 with nothing on them.
Or can i use one of the blanks and start creating?
I didn't catch the rename part untill i went searching for my missing post.
The new name makes it a bit more general though.
Ok I'll try the non motorized setup for naming then add transponders in motorized?
Thanx sidekick, that pretty much covers it.
I'm still waiting on directions for non-cc contributions if someone knows where to send.

Last edited:
pappapump said:
So, I can't actually use one of the blank ones?
There's about 10 with nothing on them.
Or can i use one of the blanks and start creating?
I didn't catch the rename part untill i went searching for my missing post.
The new name makes it a bit more general though.
Ok I'll try the non motorized setup for naming then add transponders in motorized?
Thanx sidekick, that pretty much covers it.
I'm still waiting on directions for non-cc contributions if someone knows where to send.
I think I had the same problem when I had my Coolsat 4000 Pro. I was able to use all of the availalble slots when I edited the satellite list using NDFEdit.

I attached NDFEdit and STBTool in this thread:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=48119&page=2&highlight=NDFEDit

STBTool will let you load firmware / channel lists. NDFEdit will let you edit the channel list (and sat list too). I was happy to be able to sort the sats by angular position :).

I can't remember if I was able to utilize the blank slots 'from the receiver'.

Shawn

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.