Adding a second DVR - A few questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Hi Ho

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 18, 2007
I currently have a single VIP722 DVR and I called Dish today to add a second standard definition DVR to a bedroom. The appointment is scheduled for Thursday.

I want to get ready as much as possible before the installer shows up. Does the DVR-625 require two lines from the multiswitch or can is use just one like the 722? Does adding the multiswitch change anything as far as my current setup is concerned? I currently have just one coax line running to the 722.

A little more info would help us to give you a more accurate answer, but bottom line is that if you only have one line running to your 722, you probably have either a 1000.2 dish, or two dish 500s (one pointed @ 119/110, one @ 61.5) with a Dish Pro Plus Twin (there are some less common configurations, but I don't feel like listing all the possibilities right now). In either of these situations, the addition of a 625 *should* only require one line.

if they 722 only has one line and u only have one box at this time then yes

the 625 will only require one line.

this is because the 722 only have 1 line instantly means that u have a DP plus system installed.. at a minimum u can run 2 boxes. so ur fine.

are you going to be able to plug your 625 reciever into a phoenline in the room you plan on having it installed in? if not, it might be cheaper to get a 612 put in their. plus you would be hd ready in their when the time comes. 625 will cost you 15.98(5.00 add rec + 5.00 programming access + 5.98 dvr) a month if it is not plugged to a phoneline, 10.98(add rec +dvr) if it is. the 612 will cost you 12.98(7.00 hd add rec + 5.98 dvr) if not plugged to a phoneline, as it does not require one. plus the 612 would only require a single line too. i dont know what the price difference is between the 612 and 625 on an upgrade, if there even is one, so call dish for that. but all the other fees there i mentioned are listed on the bill.

where did u hear that the 612 didnt need a phone line? all the info i have from DNS says it does

This is not the 921, in that situation dish did not charge for the phone line not hooked up. but for some reason they desided to charge anyway for the 612.

unless you are talking about dish comm. thats only if the 722 is hooked up to one.

If you have the info on the 612 not needing one please post it. thanks.

straight from dishnetwork.com .... DISH Network -- Fees & Disclosures

"""
Customers who keep a phone line connected to their two-TV receiver save money every month. Customers who do not keep a phone line connected to their two-TV receiver, will automatically be charged the Programming Access Fee monthly when the system does not detect a continuous phone line connection. The following two-TV receivers are subject to this fee:
322 ? 522 ? 622
625 ? 722 ? 942
For more info, CLICK HERE""""

the 612 is not listed as one of the required recievers. even though technically it is a dual tuner reciever, dish only counts it as one tuner in their 4 leased tuner rule as well. hope this helps clear up anything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts