Adding a small dish ku LNB to a C dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

skipticum

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 14, 2009
ottawa
I’d like to know whether it is relevant to place an offset ku LNB at the east side of the main LNBF of a C dish to catch the western satellites, and vice versa for the eastern satellites. My C dish is motorized and can move from 103 W to 27.5 W. I recently added a ku LNB (placed east of the main orthomode LNBF) to catch 97 W channels, and it worked great. I was surprised to see that I can as well receive very well all the ku channels from eastern sats, such as 72 W (NBC mux), etc. I used plastic ties to attach the ku LNB to the (grey) cover of the orthomode LNBF (approximately 8 degree offset), and had no trouble with ku reception.

By all means, upload some pictures. What make dish is it, lnbf used, etc? All the information that you can supply may be useful for others. BTW, Great job! As far as relevant, if you have to put one on either side for the E or W. I don't think so. RF doesn't fall in an arc, like a baseball. I did it a bit differently (see attached) as my mesh is too porous for Ku. (holes too large) I mounted the Ku dish to the lip of the BUD.

Attachments

• Ku_back.jpg
    Ku_back.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 230
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)