adding a swing dish for 77w

NewstarBC

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 8, 2007
Central Arkansas
I live in Little Rock, Arkansas and two of my HD locals are avaiable on 77w. I have an old 18" Direct TV dish and LNB and am currently on a Dish 1000.2 with a VIP622. Will this work for 77w, or do I need to upgrade to the eastern arc, even though Dish is telling me that I have to be a new customer to do this or wait until February? If it will work, what is the proper installation for this?

Thanks for the help!
B-)

EA

I live in Little Rock, Arkansas and two of my HD locals are avaiable on 77w. I have an old 18" Direct TV dish and LNB and am currently on a Dish 1000.2 with a VIP622. Will this work for 77w, or do I need to upgrade to the eastern arc, even though Dish is telling me that I have to be a new customer to do this or wait until February? If it will work, what is the proper installation for this?

Thanks for the help!
B-)

Need for EA. The D* dish won't work w/ your existing equipment. It is a legacy style LNB and so not compatible with the DPP stuff that is on the 1000.2.

That is what I thought, but I just wanted a second opinion on my thinking before I went through the trouble of starting the testing process... I will keep haggling them to get me the eastern arc dish. If I buy one out right, how difficult is it to install?

B-)

That is what I thought, but I just wanted a second opinion on my thinking before I went through the trouble of starting the installation process... I will keep haggling them to get me the eastern arc dish. If I buy one out right, how difficult is it to install?

E* usually installs the wing dish for free with an extended commitment or $59 without the commitment. Did they not offer that? Otherwise, the 1000.4 is around $90-$100 and installation is not that difficult especially if you've installed a Dish 500 before. If I were you and wanted a single dish solution, I'd wait until they open up the eastern arc to existing subs and see if they'll set you up with the locals for an extended commitment.

They did not offer that, but I could barely understand the person I was talking to and I was kind of in a rush to get off the phone. I will call back later tonight and ask them about that. Thanks much for the help!

B-)

I just used the chat feature on their website. Pretty cool! The agent said that yes, I can upgrade for a $59.95 fee or a 24 month commitment. Thanks again for the info and advice!

B

the 77 dish isnt hard to install.pretty much its just like installing a 61.5 dish. the only tricky part, unless u have a superbuddy, is that the 77 and 72 satellites are so close together it might take a few tries to get it right

i would advise against the eastern arc dish stick with the 1000.2 we have had nothing but problems withe the 1000.4's since we've been installing them. also u will only get 3 HD channels in HD dish doesn't have CBS in HD as of now

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)