Adding a third receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

kwheeleraz

Original poster
Sep 25, 2006
I have a Dish 500 with a DP-Twin LNB and two DP311 receivers. I want to add a new DishDVR 625 as a 3rd receiver. My location is geared for 110 and 119. Do I just need to add a multiswitch? If so, which multiswitch?

Thanks.

You have a choice replace the DP Twin with a DPP Twin or use your existing DP Twin and add a DP34 switch and a third cable line. The DPP Twin can use a separator that should come with the 625 so you will only need 1 line run to the 625. If you use the DP Twin and DP34 you will need 2 cables run to the 2 tuners in the 625.

Or get rid of both 311's & replace them w/1 322 & the 625.

You can run all 4 tuners from a DPP twin with seperators using the 2 existing lines from the dish

Thanks for all the really good info.

My desire is to use the existing single RG-6 cable installed by the home builder to feed the unit. So I'm much more inclined to go with a single feed cable solution. I would like to have dual tuner capability, but that is not a deal breaker or anything. The existing DP311's each feed their own TiVo, so we've grown accustomed to having only one tuner.

BTW - what's the policy on canceling Dish service? This DishDVR 625 is my father-in-law's and he's cancelling his Dish service after 9 months of operation. Does he get to keep that 625 or will Dish want it back?

Thanks for the help. :)

kwheeleraz said:
Thanks for all the really good info.

My desire is to use the existing single RG-6 cable installed by the home builder to feed the unit. So I'm much more inclined to go with a single feed cable solution. I would like to have dual tuner capability, but that is not a deal breaker or anything. The existing DP311's each feed their own TiVo, so we've grown accustomed to having only one tuner.

BTW - what's the policy on canceling Dish service? This DishDVR 625 is my father-in-law's and he's cancelling his Dish service after 9 months of operation. Does he get to keep that 625 or will Dish want it back?

Thanks for the help. :)
99% of the time it is a leased receiver and will have to be returned. He is also probably under an 18Mo. contract so he will have to pay a penalty for cancelling early.:)