Adding a third tv

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jacount

Original poster
Feb 9, 2009
albany ny
Hey all, I was wondering how hard it would be to add a third tv to my setup. I have a dish 500 dish and 2 receivers. One is a 301 and one is a 311. I would like to add another tv if possible. Both coaxial lines run seperatly back to near the dish where they go into a connector and into a double line to the dish. I dont need to have all three on at the same time, I dont have a problem unhooking my downstairs receiver to hook up the third one. I ask this because the 301 receiver has a smart card in it and the 311 dosent. Would I be able to use another without a card? Also can I use a HD box without buying the HD service? I would like to use the hdmi and optical out if I can.

Thanks
-Jason

Hey all, I was wondering how hard it would be to add a third tv to my setup. I have a dish 500 dish and 2 receivers. One is a 301 and one is a 311. I would like to add another tv if possible. Both coaxial lines run seperatly back to near the dish where they go into a connector and into a double line to the dish. I dont need to have all three on at the same time, I dont have a problem unhooking my downstairs receiver to hook up the third one. I ask this because the 301 receiver has a smart card in it and the 311 dosent. Would I be able to use another without a card? Also can I use a HD box without buying the HD service? I would like to use the hdmi and optical out if I can.

Thanks
-Jason
Can't you just put a splitter on the oupt from one of the boxes?
Of course you have to watch the same channel on both but...
You get a HD box and don't subscribe to a HD package and they charge you an access fee.

Get a box with dual tuners?

Purchase a RF-Link AVS-5811 from Amazon ($117.71). It will send picture and audio from one of your receivers to the third TV. I use one with my 622, and it transmits a very clear signal to a 1988 Heathkit TV that I have in my exercise room.

Can't you just put a splitter on the oupt from one of the boxes?
Of course you have to watch the same channel on both but...
You get a HD box and don't subscribe to a HD package and they charge you an access fee.

Get a box with dual tuners?

I could do that i suppose but id rather run a line from that receiver to the other room and just unhook the one receiver and use a straight through connecter going to the other box so that I can use the guide and all on that tv. Will normal coax cable be ok or do i need to get something special to do that?

Purchase a RF-Link AVS-5811 from Amazon ($117.71). Connect it to one of your receivers, and it will transmit picture and audio to your third TV. I use one on my 622, and it sends clear picture and sound to a 1988 Heatkit TV that I have in my exercise room.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)