Adding an additional receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Mike874

Original poster
Aug 24, 2004
I need advise regarding the addition of a second receiver: I have a Dish 500 dual lnb, a JVC MPEG2 Model TU2800RU at one TV and the second receiver is a DishPro model dish311. I took the signal from the dual lnb to a dish SW21 switch and then split the signal from the switch with an RCA D800 splitter, results, unable to watch two different channels on two separate TV's. I then replaced the SW21 with an RCA 4 way Multiswitch, results, both receivers only receive even transponders on the 110 sat and odd transponders on the 119 sat. Are this receivers incompatible or am I using the wrong switch.
Thanks,
Mike 874

Huh?? wtf?? The whole point of the dual lnb is that each cable goes to each reciever. The sw21 is for a 2 dual lnb setup in which 2 sw21 switches are needed. Or the sw64 or like, the point being that you need four wires out of the dish 500 unless you have a dish 500 pro with built in sw21 in the lnb therefore you would have only two wires from the dish one going to each reciever. There hope that helps. Oh sometimes dish pro and non dish pro dont work together, but thats the lnb and would cause nothing to work, not just 110 or 119 only. So the short version is one wire from 119 lnb and one wire from 110 lnb go to sw21 that goes to one reciever, repeat this for the second receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)