Adding Another 622 Help?

wold_77

Original poster
Sep 21, 2005
Virginia
I want to add another 622, but I want to make sure I connect it correctly. I currently have a dish 1000+, 211, 301, and a 622. The 622 now is connected to two rooms. I do not like that it is hooked up that way because I always make someone mad when I want to record a different program that I am not watching. So I am going to add another 622, so I can record programs and not disrupt the video in the other room. My question is do I need to add a switch or can I just hook it up the dual tuner with a separator without adding a DP44 switch? This receiver is going to take place of the 211, so I will not be using that one anymore. With my current setup get some fuzzyness in my HD programing, witch I never had with the cable company. I was wondering if this could be because of poor connections or is that the way it is. It is not bad, but I notice it when I watch programs that I normally watched when I had cable. I am connected to both my HD TV's via HDMI, I tried the component video cables no difference was noticed. The whole house is RG6 Quad 3ghz, except for what the installer put in witch was single shielded RG6. The installers cable is from the dish to my distribution box in the master bedroom, from there it goes to the rooms. I have three splices in the cables before it reaches the boxes, one 5 feet from the dish, one at the distribution box, and one at the wall plates.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)