Adding another receiver, what wiring do I need?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

db2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 1, 2006
MN
My current setup:

129, 119, 110 satellites. Coming into the house are two coax cables. Those cables are diplexed together with an OTA signal and each of the two resulting cables are sent to a different room. I would like to add another receiver into the mix. Do I have to add another coax cable coming in from the dishes outside? Or can I split one of the existing cables and send it to the new receiver?

The coax for the new receiver has to come from the dish. You cannot use a splitter to send the signal to two or more receivers with Dish Network. The only thing that works is when using DPP lnb's or switches, you can use a DPP Separator to feed both tuners on a dual tuner receiver. Many people confuse the separator with a splitter.

Another cable from the dish or a multiswitch is needed.If you attempt it yourself,be sure not to flip any diplexers.Power pass port (labeled on diplexer) should go to dish equipment.

Ok thanks guys. The reason I'm asking is because our basement is being finished so the ceiling will be closed up. So I should run another length of coax from the distribution point in my house (where the OTA is diplexed in) to the outside where the dishes are?

Ok thanks guys. The reason I'm asking is because our basement is being finished so the ceiling will be closed up. So I should run another length of coax from the distribution point in my house (where the OTA is diplexed in) to the outside where the dishes are?

If you want to be safe, run at least two more to your dishes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts