Adding another remote

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
I need some help guys, its been a long time since I had to do this ...

I have a friend that has a Genie HR44, maybe 34.
She has 2 remotes set up to run the one box, her and her husband want thier own ...

Well, they went and evidently lost the remote and need a replacement.
I have a few sitting around, old white and probably a few newer ones too.

I have forgotten how to set up an NOT already connected remote to a new to it Genie, remember this is the 2nd one, so I don't want to mess up the one that IS working.

Thanks for any info.

Depends upon the model of the remote. The older ones have to be manually programmed, the newer ones are virtually automatic, both through the menu.

What kind of remotes do they have now?

If you can find one of the older brick style RC65/66RX remotes they are self programming via the menu screens.

Any of the older brick style remotes need to be set up manually by entering codes.

What kind of remotes do they have now?

If you can find one of the older brick style RC65/66RX remotes they are self programming via the menu screens.

Any of the older brick style remotes need to be set up manually by entering codes.
They have the peanut ones now, but I don't know what version if it matters ...

I believe the two they were using were set up for RF, the issue will be setting up the second one without erasing the working one ...

How do you do this ?

I really hate the layout of the peanut remotes. Who ever designed it obviously never used a TV remote before.

Genies work on RF and IR simultaneously, but not RF with the white remote, so just set up the white remote in IR and it won't interfere.

I really hate the layout of the peanut remotes. Who ever designed it obviously never used a TV remote before.
I feel the complete opposite. I love the peanut remotes. Not too many buttons and fits well in the hand.

I feel the complete opposite. I love the peanut remotes. Not too many buttons and fits well in the hand.
Yes it fits in the hand but the layout is all wrong. I hate the toggle channel and volume rockers. They get mis-hit all the time. Give me an actual button.

Reactions: Jimbo
I hate them as well .... I think it had a lot to do with the lack of TIVO and they wanted to appease those that still like the TIVO.

I am trying to activate a 2nd peanut. It won't operate my C61K. I think it was one for my old C41 receiver. Both remotes are RC73 so it should work I would think, but it doesn't. What do I need to do to change it to work with the C61? When I press a button on the working peanut the light blinks rapidly while it executes the activity. On the non-working peanut, when I press a button the light stays constant for the same period of time.

I am trying to activate a 2nd peanut. It won't operate my C61K. I think it was one for my old C41 receiver. Both remotes are RC73 so it should work I would think, but it doesn't. What do I need to do to change it to work with the C61? When I press a button on the working peanut the light blinks rapidly while it executes the activity. On the non-working peanut, when I press a button the light stays constant for the same period of time.
I actually dropped the remote off and had her call D* to set it up for her ... so I don't know what procedure they go thru when its a 2nd remote on the original Genie.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)