Status
Not open for further replies.

thiggin2

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 28, 2004
TampaBay Florida
Can someone help me with adding a banner to my Sig.
This is what the line I'm trying to add to my sig. but most of the time all I get is a red x.
url]

The link is a good one but sometime the banner will work but most of the time its only a red x.
Thanks.

Note: I added spaces to show you what I use I dont have spaces when I added it to my sig.

onsiteSat said:
no luck I Get a forbidden message
I dont understand it, if you click on the link that shows up you get a dead link but if you hit refresh or go the link is good.

I get the following message

You are not authorized to view this page
You might not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials you supplied.

Scott Greczkowski said:
I get the following message

You are not authorized to view this page
You might not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials you supplied.
Did you click the refresh when you got that message??

provider.

I can see it now, but probably cause I have it cached.

Yup they only allow you to see the graphic if the refering page was from the same website, thats why clicking refresh works.

Its a problem with your ISP, and chances are they are not going to fix it for you since they set it up that way on purpose

If you have a .htaccess file in your directories you may be able to turn this hotlinking off. :D

Hmmmm but what is strange is when I submit a post my banner will show up but if I just hit refresh the banner is not there just a red x.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Yup they only allow you to see the graphic if the refering page was from the same website, thats why clicking refresh works.

Its a problem with your ISP, and chances are they are not going to fix it for you since they set it up that way on purpose

If you have a .htaccess file in your directories you may be able to turn this hotlinking off. :D
I do have that file. How can I try and turn if off?

Download it and save it as htaccess.txt then open it up. :D

Once I give you the changes upload htaccess.txt then rename it to .htaccess

Scott Greczkowski said:
Download it and save it as htaccess.txt then open it up. :D

Once I give you the changes upload htaccess.txt then rename it to .htaccess
Damn I wish it was that easy :(
When I try to download it, it keeps saying access denied or permission denied.

It must be owned by ROOT then (Root is the person operating the server) you need them to change it, and I doubt they will. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)