Adding BEV HDTV. What do I need?

wittsend

Original poster
Aug 10, 2005
I currently have 3 receivers in the house and I want to upgrade one of them to a BEV 6100 unit. I recently moved so I have the compatible dish with both LNBs (only one is active). I only have 2 lines into the house from the 1 active LNB and don't really want to add 2 more lines. Can I use a SW21 splitter to run off the active LNB and then use another SW21 splitter for the HDTV satellite. Would like to know what I need to buy before I go to the store! Last resort is 4 lines into the house with a SW44 switch.

Upgrade to Dishpro. Slap a Dispro Twin (or 2 DishPro Duals) onto the Dish, then run 2 lines inside to a DPP-44 switch. The switch can then run 4 recievers (Legacy or Dishpro, single or dual tuner).

What real advantage does DishPro offer this guy? He isn't looking to go dual tuner, and if he was, wouldn't he need a DishProPlus Twin to go into the DPP-44 switch? He'd also be looking at about $150 CDN for a DPP-44 and a DPP Twin LNB.

Myself, I would run the 4 lines into the house, and get yourself an SW-44 switch.

ken0042 said:
What real advantage does DishPro offer this guy?
It allows him to keep only 2 lines running into the house.

ken0042 said:
wouldn't he need a DishProPlus Twin to go into the DPP-44 switch?
nope, he only needs a standard DishPro to feed a DPP-44. The DPP-44 (or any other switch) disables the Plus functions of the DPP-Twin, as the switch is supposed to handled those functions.

I realize there is cost, but there is cost in anything. For what it's worth, he could get a much cheaper DP-34 instead of the DPP-44. But he didn't specify whether any recievers were legacy, so I played it safe.
And by posting here, I don't know if he's in the U.S. or Canada. I posted a solution that fits his current situation, and future proofs him as well.

Thanks guys

Thanks for the help. I do live in Canada and I have a 3 x 4 multiswitch in the house now so I will try to feed the 2 lnb lines into it and see if it works. If not I'll have to go with the 4 lines in and split from there.
I have the expressvu receivers which (I believe) are the same as the dish 811 and the 301 models in the US.
Thanks again.

what receivers do you already have? only the newest recievers can support DP switches and LNBs..

And if you did want to switch to DP, you could always get a DP quad, which has 4 connections from the LNB, instead of an external switch, or a DP Twin and a DP-34 switch (both are very cheap, and would only need 2 wires run into the house)

Otherwise, if your recievers are not DP compatible, you would need 2x Legacy duals (on the dish) and a SW-44, with 4 wires run to it (two from each lnb)

Just for the record, the 6100 is DishPro (DP) Compatible..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts