Adding Channels Via Cable, not OTA

BoBaK

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 5, 2005
Is it possible to add channels to the lineup on the 622 through a cable feed? It says something about it in the manual but doesn't explain how to do it.

Since I subscribe to my local cable company as well as E*, can I plug my cable feed into my 622 and scan more channels into the system? Has anyone does this or heard of this being done?

Do you have an RF input on your TV? Most HD ready sets have multiple video inputs. Plug your cable into the RF connector, and when you want cable, just switch the video source with your remote.

Yes, I do. And that works. But the problem is that I normally run the TV's internal speakers set to 'OFF', and run all audio thru the external speakers. So, whenever I wanted to watch the cable channels, I would not only have to switch the source (My Harmony 880 remote can do that easily), I would also have to go into the audio/video menu and switch the internal speakers to 'ON'.
These steps can be done by me with a minor inconvenience, but my wife and kid would not be able to deal with all the extra switching required (nor would I want them to).
Other suggestions?
Thanks again,
Lonster

Does your TV have a "monitor out" port with L/R audio outputs? If it does, you can keep the TV speakers off while using the built-in tuner and feed the reciever through them. My Mits has a setting for the outputs to be fixed or variable as well.

Y I would also have to go into the audio/video menu and switch the internal speakers to 'ON'.

Lonster

I've got a Sony that can have the internal speakers on/off. There's no button on the Sony remote for that but in the Harmony setup there was an entry for speaker on/off so now when I want surround sound I turn the internal speakers off and for other inputs like cable turn the speakers back on works great. Might be the same for your setup. You just have to scour through all the options for the TV in the Harmony setup.

Sam

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts