Status
Please reply by conversation.

Fgsilva

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 10, 2004
Vallejo, CA
Hi all,

I did a search and couldn't find an answer to my question here. Is there a way to add an external drive to work with my HR10-250? I Just wanted to move some of my recorded HD stuff to make room to record some more! :D

Thanks!

Fgsilva said:
Hi all,

I did a search and couldn't find an answer to my question here. Is there a way to add an external drive to work with my HR10-250? I Just wanted to move some of my recorded HD stuff to make room to record some more! :D

Thanks!

IF weaknees can add dual hard drives then I dont see why one couldnt be moved outside the unit
http://www.weaknees.com/details2/rd400hr10.php

It would just be a matter of getting the right power cable and IDE cable and routing them outside the box.

JustBob said:
Does it have to be external? Why not just add a second internal drive like what weaknees sells?

-JustBob

I think he wants it outside so he can disconnect it and try to get the files onto a computer.

Why bother with an external. You couldn't ever disconnect. Tivo will recognize the 2 drives as one and will not function properly with removal.

when adding a drive to the tivo its the same as turning it into a raid (1 or 0 i cant remember) array where the data is half on one drive and half on another. removing one effectively kills both.

Tonedeaf said:
Why bother with an external. You couldn't ever disconnect. Tivo will recognize the 2 drives as one and will not function properly with removal.
it would be out of service while one was disconnected. Big deal.

Thanks all for the replies. I just wanted to increase my recording capacity so I can have more shows recorded to watch (instead of rushing to watch something to make room for new recording). The upgrade at weeknees look good but for $749, ouch! I just thought that, maybe the USB port could be used for connection to an external hard drive for extra storage. but from what I understand that port is not even activated yet.

vurbano said:
I think he wants it outside so he can disconnect it and try to get the files onto a computer.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts