Adding FTA receiver to DishNetwork setup

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sv360

Original poster
Jul 25, 2008
I am a newbie so please excuse my using incorrect terminology... please ask questions to clarify...

Here is my question: I have dishnetwork 625 setup at home and would like to add an FTA receiver to this setup. Is it possible and how? Here is my current setup:

I have two dishes(Dish1 & Dish2) outside the house.
Dish1=Dish500 with Single LNBF(DPPro) pointing Southeast
Dish2=Dish500 with dual LNBF (DPPlus) pointing Southwest
The output from Dish1 feeds into Dish2. One output from Dish2 is connected to the integrated cable wiring in the house (via the connection center in the basement). Note that this same wire is connected throughout the house and is used for both satellite and TV signals. This is how: The output from 625 DVR feeds into a Diplexer (Holland dpd2 UHF/VHF separator) while the Satellite output of diplexer uses a DPPLus separator before connecting to the 625 DVR.

Can I somehow feed the output from the DPPlus separator into two receivers using a passthrough or something?

Thank you in advance for your help.

I would suggest you go over to the FTA forums and ask your question again.

I think you will find that the current generation of DISH LNBs are only really usable for DISH receivers, and you will need to add a new dish anyway. Besides, since the dish is fixed, it only points toward the E* satellites, and you can already receive all the FTA content on your current DISH receiver.

Here is my question: I have dishnetwork 625 setup at home and would like to add an FTA receiver to this setup.

Can I somehow feed the output from the DPPlus separator into two receivers using a passthrough or something?
The answer is "no".
FTA has nothing to do with DishNetwork.
Here is our List of FTA satellites and channels.
For info on legitimate FTA reception, please visit us in the FTA Department, where we can answer your questions in more detail.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)