Adding HD PVR to my account? Lease continuation?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

trellaine

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 26, 2007
Vancouver
I know Directs receivers are "leased" and you must sign a contract for 2yrs correct? What if I want to upgrade to a HD PVR receiver and cancel my HD receive that I have now?

Thanks

P.S I plan to purchase a receiver via Amazon or some other retailer online.

If you activate any of their advanced equipment you'll have two more years. I don't think turning off an old one will change that. Where it is purchased doesn't matter. The equip will be leased, you pay the lease upgrade fee.

thanks, not the answer I was hoping for and perhaps Directv loses out on this because a lot of people like myself hate contracts to begin with and then this just adds to the BS. Pardon my language. :p

It adds but is not an impossible thing to get out of. Essentially they want you around but the lease allows them to get the receiver back which was different in past where you got free equipment and if you didnt have long term contract, could quit and sell the hardware.

It adds but is not an impossible thing to get out of. Essentially they want you around but the lease allows them to get the receiver back which was different in past where you got free equipment and if you didnt have long term contract, could quit and sell the hardware.

Thats why I figured you just return my current receiver/deactivate, then add the new HD PVR unit while on the current lease.

Oh well. HD receiver only for me then.

Thats why I figured you just return my current receiver/deactivate, then add the new HD PVR unit while on the current lease.

Oh well. HD receiver only for me then.
The contract is for programming not the lease of equipment. You are agreeing to a minimum level of programming for 24 months from the activation of a piece of leased advanced equipment. The fact the equipment is leased means it isn't your property and has to be returned.:)

Then why can't people upgrade their receiver without starting a new lease? :confused::confused:
They don't start a new lease they start a new programming commitment, READ THE AGREEMENT.
:) Well they do actually start a new lease because it is a new piece of equipment on their account.

LOL same thing. "Committment". They should allow people to upgrade if they deactivate, send back and activate an upgraded receiver. And stay on current contract.

Blah! Guess I am beating a dead horse but there losing out on money etc in my opinion and most of all customer service!

LOL same thing. "Committment". They should allow people to upgrade if they deactivate, send back and activate an upgraded receiver. And stay on current contract.
The problem with your thinking is that DIRECTV went to all the trouble of setting you up with something and you want to hold them financially responsible for your failed experiment.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts