Adding receiver without phone line

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Milwaukee12

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
I was just wondering if was possible to add a receiver and not have it connected to a phone line. I want to add a receiver in a bedroom but it's almost impossile to get a phone line into the room.

I also have a second question. I have a D10 receiver in a bedroom. Every once in a while the screen goes blank and the sound cuts out. Sometimesit stays like that for 1 or 2 seconds. Other times it lasts 5-7 seconds. I should add that there is a multiswitch running things. Do I need a power supply?

You should be able to use it without a phone line. I do not think they still disconnect service to it if it is unplugged but am not sure about that.

Get a wireless phone jack and you won't have to worry about Directv deactivating it when it doesn't connect via phone line after a month.

Milwaukee12 said:
I was just wondering if was possible to add a receiver and not have it connected to a phone line. I want to add a receiver in a bedroom but it's almost impossile to get a phone line into the room.
I also have a second question. I have a D10 receiver in a bedroom. Every once in a while the screen goes blank and the sound cuts out. Sometimesit stays like that for 1 or 2 seconds. Other times it lasts 5-7 seconds. I should add that there is a multiswitch running things. Do I need a power supply?

When you call to activate the receiver, just let D* know that you don't have a jack in the room you want to use it in, they will turn off your ability to order PPV's on that receiver only.

Or you can run a long phone line to it, temp. while you activate it and unplug after, they will not turn your service off, eventually they will give you a Ext 732 error on that receiver ( no PPV's).

Either way, they want your money :rolleyes:

Jimbo

There is really no reason to use a phone jack unless you want the PPV. I have been running all of my recievers at my country home for 2 years plus w/o any telephone connected.

AdamR

I hooked up 3 of my 4 receivers to a phone line after my May installation. I never mentioned not having one of them hooked up when I activated. I have not had any of them hooked up to a phone line for at least a couple months, and have had no issues (I've never tried to order PPV).

I've had a reciever in the bedroom for like 2 years without a phone line connected to it. It works fine, just no PPV.

Welcome to the forums, blyons200!

Milwaukee12, you only need phone line if you order PPV via remote--or you get a D* installer that is picky about the installation. Most installers I know will not worry about a phone line since you are an existing customer.

Btw, if you order PPV via D*s website, you can get the PPV event on ALL your receivers, even those not connected via phone. If you order via remote, usually only that receiver can view the PPV event.

Cheers,
Tom

I had an installer for Dish tell me that it wouldn't matter if there was a phone line connected for Dish or DirecTV

Don't say that to those that got a call from the Dish Audit Police and got accused of crap they didn't do.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)