Adding sat and tp

Status
Please reply by conversation.

johnny_baker

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 2, 2006
galexy 11

can anyone give me some insight if i can get galexy 11 in st. john's newfoundland canada, can't seam to find it and if so what is the strongest tp for it?? thanks guys

sorry just a little confusted..does anyone have a sat file for all fta and bev and eco satellites.. if no where man i find it??? is galaxy 11 in the same spot as nimique 91? if i find bell can i then change lnb and get galaxy 11?? thanks

i have a viewsat extreme but all i get is galaxy 11/c 91w but the fp is only from like 3500 to 4700 wierd hey any avvice??

use that. Just change the info for the transponder and you have to change the LNB LO frequency

how do i go about doing that on my viewsat extreme, and if so what would be the numbers that i have to change it to..thanks

Not sure the exact procedure on the Viewsat (I don't have one), but there should be some sort of antenna setup screen. In that menu, there will be an entry for L.O. frequency, Local Oscillator, or LNB frequency. For Galaxy 11, you'll want this to either be 10750 for a standard Ku LNBF or 9750/10600 for a universal LNBF (depending on your LNBF model).

oh ok, what is the strongest transponder that u know of up on that sat?? if i put my dish on bell and change lnbs can i hit galaxy 11???

Yes you can use a DBS LNB to find Nimiq 1 and then swap to a Ku and you should be in the ballpark with Galaxy 11. I say "in the ballpark" because the signal on Nimiq 1 is much stronger and the dish may have to be further fine-tuned to bring in Galaxy 11 perfectly. Remember to set your L.O. (or Local Oscillator or LNB freq) to 11250 when using the DBS LNB and set it back to 10750 (or 9750/10600 if you have a universal LNB) when you swap it for the Ku LNB.

As far as an active transponder, I'm not by my system at the moment, but G-11 is mostly feeds so they come and go. You could try 12060 (V), SR 26700, FEC 3/4 which, according to lyngsat.com, is Trinity Learning and there's a free channel there. Maybe someone else will chime in with another active transponder.

Last edited:
thanks tron, can someone out there give me the greatest tp doe galaxy 11 please..thansk

does anyone out there know the exact procss in detail or know where to find it for adding sats and tp and frequencies for a viewsat extreme box please..:)

Easiest way is via Channel Master. But seriously why not use the factory sat file and then delete what you dont need in OSD Edit or Channel Master and go from there? If you need a sat file let me know and I'll get one over to you.

thanks man i need the file yes for the viewsat extreme with all the sats in the sky on in, thanks a bunch pal, send it to my PM..thanks

Mainly feeds on G11 and they will come and go all the time!

I have around 30 TP's stored on G11 all are dead right now except 3-4. One feed is a LIVE picture of the Space Shuttle!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)