Adding Sky Angel to DishFAMILY

MellowYBird

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 14, 2006
Now that I tried DishFAMILY, I got another DISH antenna and a DISHProPlus LNB. I was told that would let me receive all 3 satellites.
Problem is I cannot seem to find the 61.5 satellite. I had Sky Angel before, so I was wondering if I should unhook everything and try to get 61.5 on my old DISH antenna location (I know it worked there) and see if I can get 110/119 with my new (used) DISH antenna location. Or is there something I may have overlooked when I installed the second DISH?

I did a Check Switch and it read

Input: 1 2 3
Satellite: 119 110 Conn
Polarity: All All X
Device: PTwin PTwin Duel

I don't know if that means anything, besides not having a signal at 61.5 on the Point Dish menu. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

~MYB~

you would need 2 dishes (I assume you know that). The DishProPlus Twin would be used for 110/119. Hopefully the LNB for 61.5 is DishPro

Run a cable directly from the 61.5 LNB to the reciever and get 61.5 locked in. Then hook it to the input side of the DPPTwin and rerun a check switch

Yes, I have 2 dishes. The one is already hooked up with DishFAMILY with the DishProPlus Twin 110/119.

Yes, the LNB for 61.5 is a DishPro.

I tried to find the 61.5 satellite by just connecting to the input side of the DPP Twin.
I did not run a cable directly from the 61.5 LNB to the receiver to get locked into a signal. I will do that tomorrow and hopefully find a signal.

Thanks for the help and quick reply.

~MYB~

unfortunatelly unless you have a signal on 61.5 the check switch will show a X for 61.5 because it doesn't know what signal you are trying to pick up as the "wing" dish :)

Because of all the snow we've had this is the first day I was able to get back to my DISH hookups.

I did what you said, and it worked!

Thanks, again!

~MYB~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts