Adding Sky Angel to DishFAMILY

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

MellowYBird

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 14, 2006
Now that I tried DishFAMILY, I got another DISH antenna and a DISHProPlus LNB. I was told that would let me receive all 3 satellites.
Problem is I cannot seem to find the 61.5 satellite. I had Sky Angel before, so I was wondering if I should unhook everything and try to get 61.5 on my old DISH antenna location (I know it worked there) and see if I can get 110/119 with my new (used) DISH antenna location. Or is there something I may have overlooked when I installed the second DISH?

I did a Check Switch and it read

Input: 1 2 3
Satellite: 119 110 Conn
Polarity: All All X
Device: PTwin PTwin Duel

I don't know if that means anything, besides not having a signal at 61.5 on the Point Dish menu. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

~MYB~

you would need 2 dishes (I assume you know that). The DishProPlus Twin would be used for 110/119. Hopefully the LNB for 61.5 is DishPro

Run a cable directly from the 61.5 LNB to the reciever and get 61.5 locked in. Then hook it to the input side of the DPPTwin and rerun a check switch

Yes, I have 2 dishes. The one is already hooked up with DishFAMILY with the DishProPlus Twin 110/119.

Yes, the LNB for 61.5 is a DishPro.

I tried to find the 61.5 satellite by just connecting to the input side of the DPP Twin.
I did not run a cable directly from the 61.5 LNB to the receiver to get locked into a signal. I will do that tomorrow and hopefully find a signal.

Thanks for the help and quick reply.

~MYB~

unfortunatelly unless you have a signal on 61.5 the check switch will show a X for 61.5 because it doesn't know what signal you are trying to pick up as the "wing" dish :)

Because of all the snow we've had this is the first day I was able to get back to my DISH hookups.

I did what you said, and it worked!

Thanks, again!

~MYB~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)