Adding stations to OTA Channel List

larrykenney

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 16, 2004
San Francisco, CA
Is there a proposed date for the addition of the feature where we will be able to add stations to the OTA channel list? If you click on the button for that feature it says "Coming Soon".

I have stations coming in from three directions, so I have to re-scan every time I want to watch a station that's in a different direction from the last station watched. It'll be great when I can get a complete list of stations by adding stations from the different directions into one list.

Larry
SF

(How do you like my new friends in my avatar? :) )

It's been a year and a half, maybe a year and a half to go.... :)
Solidsignal.com has a dual 8bay antenna which I would try if I could move a little closer to San Francisco and you aren't much closer so don't know if it would work for you but maybe others in this forum might want to take a look at it.

I might have better luck receiving TV OTA from SF if someone would move Mt Tamalpais a little to the west.

Solid Signal Xtreme Signal HDB8X High Definition Blade 8 Bay Xtreme Antenna VHF/UHF (HDB8X)

Go to www.solidsignal.com and search for HDB8X.

Solidsignal.com has a dual 8bay antenna which I would try if I could move a little closer to San Francisco and you aren't much closer so don't know if it would work for you but maybe others in this forum might want to take a look at it.

I might have better luck receiving TV OTA from SF if someone would move Mt Tamalpais a little to the west.

Solid Signal Xtreme Signal HDB8X High Definition Blade 8 Bay Xtreme Antenna VHF/UHF (HDB8X)

Brian, we're talking about the Hopper and it's ability to add a single local channel, not trying to get a channel....

Brian, we're talking about the Hopper and it's ability to add a single local channel, not trying to get a channel....
Maybe I wasn't clear. The one I mentioned has the ability to point in two separate directions at the same time with all the necessary hardware to collect the signals from two directions. This would eliminate the need for a rotator and also the need to rescan like it is when a rotator is used. Check it out, and you might agree that this would solve the problem of having to rescan all the time after changing the direction of the antenna.

It wouldn't solve the problem if three directions are needed as with Larry Kenneys location and desires.

Those thinking about getting a rotator for pointing two different directions might find this solution less expensive than buying a rotator along with stringing another cable from the roof to the living room or whatever.

Solidsignal.com has a dual 8bay antenna... Solid Signal Xtreme Signal HDB8X High Definition Blade 8 Bay Xtreme Antenna VHF/UHF (HDB8X)

Interesting antenna! Looks like it would be good for those having signals coming from two directions. For those in the South Bay near San Jose, it would be good for Sutro Tower/Mt. San Bruno on one side and Mt. Allison/Monument Peak on the other. Thanks for pointing out the antenna, Brian.

Larry

There is a system, I don't recall the name, where when you tune a channel, a signal is sent to the rotor to aim the antenna properly. It would be GREAT if Dish incorporated this into the Hopper, along with the ability to add channels & perhaps automatically detect best aim points for each channel.

Well, I AM feverish today......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts