Adding VIP211 to Solo Node Hopper

richierich32

Original poster
Mar 21, 2013
USA
I'm sure this is here somewhere...but I've spent a lot of time looking and cannot find what I'm looking for. Any input is much appreciated!

I have a single Hopper with 3 Joeys connected with a Solo Node to a 1000.2 Lnb. There are 4 coax cables running to the satellite (used to have the Dish 500 system), but only two are currently being used for the Hopper via the Solo Node. The three Joeys connect off the solo node with a 3-way splitter from the client port of the Solo Node. I am considering the purchase of a Tailgater system with a VIP211k receiver for use in my RV, but want to know if I can connect the VIP211k receiver to my Hopper/Joey system while I am not traveling in the RV.

How would this be done? Can I simply use the third connector on the 1000.2 Lnb wired directly to the 211k? The illustrations of the 1000.2 Lnb show that there are four coax connectors (119, 110, 129, and Lnb In). If it is possible to connect to one of these, which one would it connect to and how would it work considering the coax connectors are for different satellites?

If this simple set up will not work, would I need to use a DPP44 switch? I've read a little about this switch, but would need very specific instructions on how to connect this altogether with the Solo Node and existing set up.

Thanks for your feedback!

How would this be done? Can I simply use the third connector on the 1000.2 Lnb wired directly to the 211k? The illustrations of the 1000.2 Lnb show that there are four coax connectors (119, 110, 129, and Lnb In). If it is possible to connect to one of these, which one would it connect to and how would it work considering the coax connectors are for different satellites?
That's how you do it, don't use the LNB in, that's for a wing dish. The other three outputs are for receivers or switches/nodes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)