Adding Wally to Motorhome?

I fit strange that the few times I communicated with a Dish CSR, they all spoke American. I use Chat most of the time to change Service Address. I can't use the Dish App because I do not own my receivers.

The last time I verbally contacted a Dish CSR was the day Dish did something to the EPG and accessing recording programs. The CSR was located in Mexico but was born in Oregon. The fix took a long time and we had a great conversation.

Since I can't remember a non-American speaking CSR, I am thinking is has become stylish to put down Dish CSR for speaking English.

I have been experimenting with recording on my Wally with an EHD. I can record four shows at the same time with the optional dual tuner OTA adapter. Everything appears to be working OK. But should the EHD be running all the time even when the Wally is on standby and not recording anything? The reason I know it is running is my hard drive case has a blinking blue light on it. I guess I can turn it off when I am not using it. Is there a way to actually turn the Wally off without unplugging it?

I want to get all the bugs worked out before installing the Wally and the EHD in my entertainment center. They both will be attached to other pieces of equipment using velcro to keep them from moving.I did find out that the Wally puts out a lot of heat. I had used a portable fan to blow into this cabinet with Directv, so I will use it for the Wally also.

When you add the EHD to a Wally/211 it converts it to a DVR that has the extra guide data and software on the hard drive, not in receiver memory.

As long as the Wally is "on" it is buffering the tuned channel(s) to the hard drive.

If the Wally is in standby mode, it is logical to assume the hard drive is not doing anything and it could be idle but still spinning, that would allow almost immediate response it you turned the Wally back on by pressing any key on the remote.

Powering down the EHD causes the Wally to respond by rebooting and becoming a simple satellite tuner, powering a connected EHD back up also causes a reboot because it must switch software from the receiver only mode to DVR mode.

This is how I observed the behavior of my 211 back in the day.

Yep, if the EHD powered down, your Wally would not be able to do those "instant replays" when you want to back up and see a segment over again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)