Additional HD channels in Puerto Rico

rauljazz

Original poster
Feb 16, 2006
Did someone knows when other HD Channels wiil be available in Puerto Rico.
Currently i got HDNET, ESPN, HBO,SHOWTIME, DISCOVERY, TNT, I receive these in the 110, and other regular channels in 119.

rauljazz said:
Did someone knows when other HD Channels wiil be available in Puerto Rico.
Currently i got HDNET, ESPN, HBO,SHOWTIME, DISCOVERY, TNT, I receive these in the 110, and other regular channels in 119.

Raul,

I don't have good news for you. Right now most of the HD Lineup is on the 61.5. Here in Puerto Rico we received 61.5 without any problem but for some reason E* decide not to provide the rest of the HD Package (Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum) to PR customers. Actually a friend of mine yesterday installed a 6 footer for the 61.5 orbital and when he called dish to upgrade his HD Package they insist that they can't provide the additional HD channels. I don't know why... We in PR are premium customers.. we need to buy all stuff (Dishes, Receivers, etc) because we are not able to lease the equipment and after spending a huge amount of money now they are unable to provide those channels to PR customers.

I think that someone took that decision recently because I have the HD Platinum package for sometime now without any problem. I would like to see that restriction going away.

-mylo

Tell me about, Mylo are you from Cabo Rojo? Because the same thing happened to me last Saturday:mad: After I spent almost 6 hours on that installation I couldn't activate the HP Gold that the customer wanted. That package was the only reason that he wanted Dish Network anyway. All of the sudden my partner and I ended with almost $2ks worth of equipments with that came out of our pockets..

After being yelled at by a "Female Supervisor" "let me finish!!!", when she was interrupting me, and hours talking to different CSRs finally I activated the account.

Here's the stupid remarks from Retailer Services. They stated that they can't guarantee the service here and/or provide service, well from what I understand Dish Network don't provide or guarantee service here, we retailers do. They even used a line of sight issue to receive the 61.5 location here, WHAT? that location has over 65 degrees elevation here, maybe airplanes and birds are on the way, what the heck do I know anyway, I only being doing this for the past 10 years.

To me this is stupid, I will no be calling to activate an account unless I have the satellite lock. If the customer is willing to pay a Premium Price fior this service, Just let him be. High Def in PR is selling like hot cackes and being Cable the only other HD provider with 4 channels, Dish is the only real alternative.

Hey Charlie, those premium customers are going to be with Dish for a long time after the considerable amout of money spent, please don't take away our selling tools...:(

Tom_P,

Glad you can active the account for the customer. I'm not from Cabo Rojo, I'm from Caguas. Actually a friend of mine called yesterday but DISH didn't allow him to upgrade to an HD Gold package after he spent the whole day aiming the 6 footer for the 61.5. Right now 61.5 is lock with 60+ on VOOM TPs but without enjoying the channels that he is willing to pay.

Is there any other way.. I also called Techno (Carlos from San German) and he even tried to help up with Customer Service but again no luck.

-mylo

OK Guys this is the Catch Now with DN and Puerto Rico Costumers.;)

In order to get a Platinum Package or any other HD Metals package,you must have a zip code from Center and West side towns of the Island(Ex from Caguas to Mayaguez)For some weird reason Someone in the central office decided that Costumers from the East side of the Island are out of the footprint of 61.5,So there you have it,This will be the only way for you to have it all until we figured out how to convinced these Brillants Engineers we don't have problems with the 61.5 orbital location.;)

technoguy said:

In order to get a Platinum Package or any other HD Metals package,you must have a zip code from Center and West side towns of the Island(Ex from Caguas to Mayaguez)For some weird reason Someone in the central office decided that Costumers from the East side of the Island are out of the footprint of 61.5,So there you have it,This will be the only way for you to have it all until we figured out how to convinced these Brillants Engineers we don't have problems with the 61.5 orbital location.;)

Hi Guys:
:)
Guys I have a feeling that Dish is going to put a special HD Package for us like they are doing for Alaska and Probably Hawaii. Dish has a lot of space in our spotbeams for what reason it has to be to put the HD channels!

if dish does offer spotbeam for puerto rico , do you guys think , i would be able to get those channels? im in haiti and i dont get good signal on the rainbow satellite , but i get a great signal on the spotbeam 25 from 110sat.

neljtorres said:
Hi Guys:
:)
Guys I have a feeling that Dish is going to put a special HD Package for us like they are doing for Alaska and Probably Hawaii. Dish has a lot of space in our spotbeams for what reason it has to be to put the HD channels!
Nel...
That offer already exist,And is called HD Pack(The old HD Pack we Know)When the Metal Packages came in February, the HD Pack was discontinued,But in the summer was reinstated only to Puerto Rico ,Hawaii and Alaska residents,There are not news in the near future we are aware off new HD Plans for Hawaii and Puerto Rico,However like you mentioned, is seems to be a new HD offer for Alaska residents.

Last edited:
all4jo said:
if dish does offer spotbeam for puerto rico , do you guys think , i would be able to get those channels? im in haiti and i dont get good signal on the rainbow satellite , but i get a great signal on the spotbeam 25 from 110sat.
No....
Spotbean 25 is for locals only,No HD will come from that spot(unless is a HD locals:rolleyes: ),We have assigned others spots for our area(18,20,23,29)But they are not online yet.

Update!!
One of our colleges here resolved the Metals Packages activations with DN and Puerto Rico Residents...:)
This is a quote of how he did it...:up (sorry for the members who don't understand Spanish:p )
Sabes que a mi hermano al fin le activaron los canales HD. Hoy volvio a llamar a customer service y prefirio hablar en espanol y lo atendio una senora que ahora mismo se me escapo el nombre la cual le dijo que siempre que personas de PR llaman a solicitar paquetes HD es un problema pero que ellos pasan la llamada a un departamento en particular y ahi le resuelven.

Pues caballero asi fue.. pasaron la llamada yo no se a donde y le activaron los canales sin problema. Despues de tanta agonia pudo tener los canales HD. Hay que joderse..... Mil gracias por toda la ayuda que nos brindaste... La senora nos dio hasta su codigo para solicitar hablar con ella pero ahora no lo tengo a la mano.
So take notes guys, and for now probably like my friend says there's a light at the end of the tunnel.....:D

Last edited:
this is all it takes...

I'm always impressed with what efforts people will go to.
These pictures from Bayamón, PR, go back a few years.
My hat's off to ya. :hatsoff:

Last edited:
technoguy said:
Nel...
That offer already exist,And is called HD Pack(The old HD Pack we Know)When the Metal Packages came in February, the HD Pack was discontinued,But in the summer was reinstated only to Puerto Rico ,Hawaii and Alaska residents,There are not news in the near future we are aware off new HD Plans for Hawaii and Puerto Rico,However like you mentioned, is seems to be a new HD offer for Alaska residents.

Hi Techno:

:) I am talking about having a special HD package in our spotbeams, they is something out there but I can't say yet.....!

technoguy said:

This is the Alaska HD Package

# 5500 110 2159 DSCHD
# 5501 110 2157 TNTHD
# 5505 110 2159 ESPHD
# 5506 110 2157 ES2HD
# 5507 110 2142 NFLHD
# 5510 110 2142 HDNET
# 5511 110 2142 HDNMV
# 5512 110 2142 UNIHD
# 5515 110 2157 HBOHD
# 5516 110 2159 SHOHD

Anole said:
I'm always impressed with what efforts people will go to.
These pictures from Bayamón, PR, go back a few years.
My hat's off to ya. :hatsoff:
God lord!!!:D That's way back:) Now we do better with smaller dishes(All but 61.5)Nice to see somebody who knows how hard it was on the beginning.:hatsoff:

I live in San Juan, and maybe that's why I can't get readings of more than 50.
And I have a 6' for 61.5...
Any help on increasing the readings, will be appreciated!!!

I live in San Juan, and maybe that's why I can't get readings of more than 50.
And I have a 6' for 61.5...
Any help on increasing the readings, will be appreciated!!!

Hi Dp13
In order to help you we need the readings from your 61.5 tps 1,3,5,7,9,11,13,15,17,19,20 and 22:)

do any of you guy's know of a distributor in PR that can give me a good price for 2 or 3 1.8m dishes (6' feet). couple of years back i bought a few 1.8m antennas from an independent retailer in holmiguerros that sold me the dishes for $379.00 each, but now there's no way to be found.

thanks

Last edited:
do any of you guy's know of a distributor in PR that can give me a good price for 2 or 3 1.8m dishes (6' feet). couple of years back i bought a few 1.8m antennas from an independent retailer in holmiguerros that sold me the dishes for $379.00 each, but now there's no way to be found.

thanks

Retail price for Channel Master Dishes, goes around $600.00 anywhere here on the Island.:eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)