- Family Room:VIP722 Tuner 1
- Guest Room: VIP722 Tuner 2
- Theater: VIP211 #1
- Master Bedroom: VIP211 #2
What I Want:
I want to add another DVR to the setup
Choice 1) Add another Dual Tuner HD DVR in son's room
Choice 2) Add Single Tuner HD DVR in son's room
Choice 3) Remove VIP211 #1 and add Dual Tuner HD DVR (second tuner would be split into son's room)
Choice 4) Add Single Tuner SD DVR in son's room

Are there any third party receivers that will work? plug and play?
Will a switch help?

Thanks everyone in advance

Setup:
SuperDish
1 VIP722 (Dual Tuner HD DVR)
2 VIP211 (HD)
4 HD TVs
- Family Room:VIP722 Tuner 1
- Guest Room: VIP722 Tuner 2
- Theater: VIP211 #1
- Master Bedroom: VIP211 #2
What I Want:
I want to add another DVR to the setup
Choice 1) Add another Dual Tuner HD DVR in son's room
Choice 2) Add Single Tuner HD DVR in son's room
Choice 3) Remove VIP211 #1 and add Dual Tuner HD DVR (second tuner would be split into son's room)
Choice 4) Add Single Tuner SD DVR in son's room

Are there any third party receivers that will work? plug and play?
Will a switch help?

Thanks everyone in advance
:welcome to SatGuys. The quickest and cheapest way to get a HD DVR would be to add an external hard drive (EHD) to any of the 211's. You would have to pay the $39.95 enabling fee from E* but no monthly DVR fees.

** After rereading your post, I think that I may have misunderstood. You indicate that you have a SuperDish. Are you sure that it isn't a 1000 model? I am not exactly sure but you may be able to split one of the signals with a separator to feed the additional receiver. My suggestion would be to add another 211 (perhaps for the HDTV in the guest room) and feed Tuner #2 from the 722 to your son's TV. Call Claude at DishStore and ask about his refurbished 211 special. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
We need to know what kind of dish and switch you actually have (menu-6-1-1-CkSwitch-ViewResults). If it's a Dish 1000.2, you're maxed at the number of connected receivers but could replace a 211 with a dual-tuner model. To add a 4th receiver would require adding a DPP44 switch. On the business side, you're at the standard Dish limit of 4 leased TV outputs.

It is not possible to use a splitter or the Separator to run 2 boxes off the same line.

try again

Its a dish 500, and DPP44 w/separator

HD receivers need more than a Dish 500. That only uses 2 birds. You need 3 for all the HD. You are most likely looking at the dish point screen and it will say that but that isn't what you have for a dish. Do you have one dish or 2? It is possible it is 1 dish w/ 3 LNB's going thru a DPP-44 switch but not the usual way to do it. Go outsictually look at the dish and see what it looks like.

Its a dish 500, and DPP44 w/separator
you need to upgrade to a three (D1000.2 or D1000plus) dish and add a HD receiver.
You are not pointed at the 129 satellite which delivers most of the HD programming.

Assuming you are on the west coast.

Doesn't know what dish he has.

you need to upgrade to a three (D1000.2 or D1000plus) dish and add a HD receiver.
You are not pointed at the 129 satellite which delivers most of the HD programming.

Assuming you are on the west coast.

I really don't think he know what dish he has. It seems like he Is just going into the on screen menus and there are only 3 choices on it. 300, 500 & Superdish. You can't find out if you have 1000.2 or 1000.4 that way. He has to go into the check switch screen & it will tell him what satellites he is receiving. Once in the chk switch he can see if he is getting 3 sats and it tells him which switch he has (this is most likely where he found out that he has a DPP44 w/Separator). This means he still needs to see if he has find out if he has a 3 LNB 1000 setup w/ 3 individual LNB's instead of a the other 1000's dishes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts