additional location

runbunch

Original poster
Jul 6, 2012
Illinois
I have dish network at my home, but i also have a small apartment in another location where I would like to have service. A friend told me I could buy a dish and rent the receiver from dish and have service through my existing account. Is this true?

NO!! Having active service at more than 1 location is called account stacking and is against terms of service. Is it done? Yes until caught and service is cut off. For DISH the Hopper/Joey solves this seeing Joeys don't have tuners.

I do not believe they consider it "stacking" if the subscriber is the one using the tuners. I have two tuners at my house and a third that travels with me. It spends summers on my boat and winters at my ski condo. Dish is well aware of it and there has never been an issue.

To the OP - call them and explain what you want to do. They should be fine with it and if so, have them note it in your account. Or better yet, contact a member of the DIRT team.

I do not believe they consider it "stacking" if the subscriber is the one using the tuners. I have two tuners at my house and a third that travels with me. It spends summers on my boat and winters at my ski condo. Dish is well aware of it and there has never been an issue.

To the OP - call them and explain what you want to do. They should be fine with it and if so, have them note it in your account. Or better yet, contact a member of the DIRT team.

Ironic, but as I was reading your reply there was an advertisement within your space for the Tailgater. What better support for your opinion. :)

You can take your existing receivers to another location, call Dish and give them that location. That is legal. At no time can use both locations at the same time, which is why Dish expects all receivers to be taken with you. It's spelled out and the advice above is wrong.

"You may not directly or indirectly use a single account for the purpose of
authorizing Services for multiple DISH Network receivers that are not all located in the same residential location and
connected to the same land-based telephone line and/or broadband home network.
If we later determine that you did, we
may disconnect your Services and, in addition to all other applicable fees, you agree to pay us the difference between the
amounts actually received by us and the full retail price for the Services authorized for each DISH Network receiver on
your account."

"You must give us immediate notice of any change of name, mailing address, telephone
number, or physical address where your Equipment is located."

A signed agreement will trump anything you claim you were told you could do unless you got written permission.

Last edited:
Just find a installer who will do you a "Dish" install on the side and take your receiver back and forth or order a solo 211 for convenience. Its not rocket science.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts