Additions to Museum

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cyberham

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 16, 2010
Halfmoon Bay, British Columbia
My Openbox S9, Coolsat 7000 and three Viewsat VS Pro have all been relocated to my satellite receiver museum cupboard in the basement. I see no reason to keep them in my living room TV viewing area eating electricity, attracting dust and taking shelf space since obtaining my microHD.

Since I got my MicroHD all of my old SD receivers are in the garage collecting dust. The question is what do we do with the old SD receivers???

Any suggestions???

I put a free ad in kijiji asking anybody who wanted to get rid of old FTA receivers to give them to me. I got three Viewsats donated to me this way for $0. My idea was to hold them until I ran into some newbie. I can give one of these old receivers to a newbie to allow him to get involved without buying a receiver. If he can successfully get a dish working, then can sample FTA before deciding to buy a current model receiver.

Or I can loan him the Coolsat 7000, but only temporarily. I still like it though it can't do DVB-S2.

I've retired all my old boxes last fall when I got a micro. A Pansat 2500A, a Viewsat Ultra, and a Visionsat are all collecting dust in the basement. I can't throw them out because they still work. I'm turning into a hoarder, with a few old computers and various other electronics stacked beside the receivers.

Same here. My dusty basement shelf has 8 unused satellite receivers including GI 650i and Uniden UST-9900 and UST-2000. With the help of these last three receivers, I am afraid the shelf is going to break. Quite a change from a GI 650i to a microHD in both weight and size.

Don't forget-take the batteries out of the remotes! I still have to remind myself to look once in a while, and sometimes I do miss one. Hate cleaning up that juice when the batteries go bad!

Had a little "juice" seeping out of one battery I removed the other day. I normally throw all removed batteries into one box so I never seem to run out of batteries when I need them.

Since I got my MicroHD all of my old SD receivers are in the garage collecting dust. The question is what do we do with the old SD receivers???

Any suggestions???

Just add another dish as there's still SD channels out there to watch.

I was joking. Technology marches on, however, wonder how fast 4K will be adopted, and how soon it will be superseded.

I read an excellent article in EPE (Everyday Practical Electronics) a magazine I subscribe to from the UK. They stated that the past Olympics in London was broadcast and recorded in 4K.
The article had a Picture of a 70in Sony LCD that would play 4K, the price was 25K euros.

I predict that this coming January 2014 CES in Las Vagas should have a couple of 4K and 8K LED receiver.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts