adjusting mount on the dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

htownjoe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 7, 2007
splendora tx
i have noticed that the sats to the west would not come in from 121 to 139 degrees, just a barely viewable signal,but not watchable. well i started adjusting or playing with the elevation a bit. i lowered the dish and those west sats came in perfectly! i watched some cspan and a couple feed channels. i took a measurement of the thread on the bottom of the bolt to remember how low to bring the dish. so then i higher the dish about 3 quarters of an inch lower than it was at first and i got the east sats from amc and brasilsat, the sats from 70 or so to 87 deg. i thought i wasnt getting them the whole time because of trees! and i got to get the sat with ole dr gene scott, i thought a tree next door was blocking the signal the whole time it was the elevation on the dish. anyways i am gonna try to find a spot where i can set it and get perfect reception on both ends. is that possible? i am getting a ku addition maybe by tomorrow so i am ready for some feed watching!

I'm located a little further south than you and I can get everything from 72W to 131W. I don't think there is much fta to get on the other few sats past both ends so I haven't tried them.

If lowering the dish helps on the west side and raising this dish helps on the east side, that means the polar mount needs to spin to the east. (Assuming the declination is correct). You should peak the elevation on T5, then go to the far west satellite and spin it a bit to the east. You will need to run the actuator west a little to peak it back out. Once you get the highest signal, carefully tighten the pole cap, then go to the east side and check it out.

Status
Please reply by conversation.