Ads inside posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

joblo

Original poster
Apr 10, 2006
Hi folks,

I posted on this forum for the first time earlier today.

I've now deleted that post because when I went back to a link I'd saved to see if there had been any further posts in the thread, I saw an ad in the middle of my post.

I opened a new browser window, same link, and saw a different ad in my post.

When I logged in the ad went away, but even so, I don't want anybody, logged in or not, seeing ads in the middle of my posts. (Unless, of course, they're my ads, but I'm not here to post ads.) The appearance of ads in the middle of posts leaves the misimpression that the ad is from the poster rather than the site, and to me, that's not acceptable.

I understand that you have to make money, and I think this is generally a cool site, but if it's site policy to place ads inside the posts, as opposed to on the page borders, I won't post here.

(So, to anyone not logged in: if you’re seeing an ad in this post, it is not mine.)

Scott, I am a registered (not Pub at moment) member and I frequently see these ads. I've always wanted to get rid of them but couldn't see a place to do it.

Actually because of the new "box" ads which are only shown to unregistered guests, we have decreased the amount of ads shown to registered members.

If you become a pub member most of the ads go away, the only ones that do not are the banner on the top right and the Gold Sponsor logos at the top of the page.

If you would like to become a pub member just CLICK HERE and this page also gives you more benefits as well which are listed there.

In addition I am working on something I think the pub members are going to enjoy. :)

I wondering what he was talking about until I turned off the browser's ad-blocker to check them out. Since I'm on a work computer, I'm not usually logged in and take a quick browse of a couple of sub-forums before going on a break.

So, I make a post or a reply, and you turn the keywords in the post into ads for your benefit.
And registered members see them too !!

Nice line of work. :( :mad:

Here's some money then ......:D

game cable sounds dish networks learning TV network Television DBS

Sheesh!! :mad: :mad:

It takes money to pay for bandwidth, software, and all of the bells and whistles for you to be able to get your questions answered for free.

I've been to websites that flood the pages with adverts and pop-ups/pop-unders so badly, it was hard to distinguish what I was even looking for.

The boxes are a nuisance, but you can make all of your pains go away... :D

[PIE]Just 5.4¢ per day!![/PIE]

goggle toolbar!! I have never once seen any ads. Unregistered-registered or as a pub member.

I Understand

Mark_AR said:
It takes money to pay for bandwidth, software, and all of the bells and whistles for you to be able to get your questions answered for free.

I've been to websites that flood the pages with adverts and pop-ups/pop-unders so badly, it was hard to distinguish what I was even looking for.

I couldn't agree with you more. But with budgets what they are, one has to carefully plan their expenses. For the time being, until brighter days, I just set the firewall to disable JS on the site, and it's much more satisfying.

That being said, I thank you all for what you do each day and someday, I'll be in the contributor list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts