Advantages of buying your own equipment?

Guess you've missed the stories on here of people getting charged full price for receivers they've shipped back. Seems it took months to get straightened out. I have a 222, at the time it was cheaper for me to buy it then to pay Dish for someone to hook it up. Hooking up a couple of wires wasn't a problem for me. Now I don't have to worry if I decide to leave Dish, (been with them this century). So I came out ahead at the start, and don't have to spend time packing it up and driving to a UPS drop off or any expense at the end.
I fully understand people that had VCR's blinking 12, or aren't physically able to mount a dish or do an install, leasing and having Dish do the work is the only way to go for them. As I'm getting close to that point, if I ever upgrade, I may have to lease.

Nope, I haven't missed the stories. I've actually contributed to those stories since it's happened to me twice. Even though it was frustrating to me it is not a hard problem to solve. All you have to do is show Dish proof that you purchased it with some form of an invoice/receipt. I'm not sure why it would cost you so much when leasing. I read more stories on here about how people are able to get fees waived because they threatened to leave or just asked.

Guess you've missed the stories on here of people getting charged full price for receivers they've shipped back.
Sounds like you're using that as a valid argument for owning over leasing. Well guess what, just as frequently people have had stories of owned equipment unknowingly being changed to leased, then find out when they go to cancel and get charged a huge bill. So that reason is nullified.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)