Adventures In Dish Hunting 2012

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Scored this 10 foot Channel Master, nice and straight, great condition for $75 with an extra mount, 4 actuators, couple of C feedhorns, Corotor II, two C band LNBs (old), an Eagle Aspen Ku LNB, 30 feet of ribbon cable, Uniden UST4600 Receiver and a Motorola digital sidecar. Won't be able to install the BUD until Spring. The car did not take flight during transport.

Picking up the Starband 75E CM for $10 tomorrow.

Now if only I could find a 4 footer near Syracuse.

View attachment 74027View attachment 74028View attachment 74029
Nice haul sixersclt

We were out for a little drive Saturday, and about 45 miles south of us I saw this Birdview probably 7 1/2 foot. Well, trying to control myself so no excitement would show I ask these folks if they would be interested in getting rid of that "ole satellite dish" and talked with them for 10 to 15 minutes. But they decided for now they would hang on to it, but if they decided to get rid of the "ole" thing they would call me. That's probably as close as I'll come to owning one. Anyhow, continued our drive and saw a 7 1/2 foot mesh and since a friend needed one, I stopped and the folks said they would be glad to get it out of the way. Went back down this morning and brought it home for our friends. It is a 7 1/2 foot UNIMESH with a HTS Houston actuator, an ECHOSTAR lnbf. But he is planning on using the dish for ku, so the lnbf will be a spare.

Attachments

• dcp_0013.jpg
    dcp_0013.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 245
We went out for long drives Saturday and Sunday and I was shocked at just how few dishes remain. Went down roads we've never traveled, and mostly found nothing. Finally found a 10.5' Luxor mesh dish. May pursue it.

Unimesh dishes were pretty popular in my area. I have had two 7 1/2 footers in my scope for over a year but I have not pulled the trigger yet. They are south of me about 12 miles but are on clay soil. Whenever I had the time to go there the clay was wet and they do not want the yard dug up. One is mounted on a pole about 6 feet tall but for some reason the one right next door is about 15 feet up in the air!! These twin dishes are located in flat terrain without any obstacles so why the different setups has me scratchin' my noggin!

So I had this number sitting around for like 6 or so years.
I called today and the women still has it.
She want to scrap it so I told her I would look up the scrap value and give that to here.

It's a 7' mesh.
What is the most it would weight?

Thanks

Thanks for the info FaT Air
I was going to say 100 lbs. I bring a scale to prove it.
So even IF steel was at $400 we are talking $20.

I see what she thinks it worth.
I think steel is at $240 a ton.

If the dish is in good shape and a 7.5' dish what should I offer or do you guys need to know about it?
Thanks

$20. and if there's a salami sandwich and a drink offered, another 10 or so doesn't sound bad in my book. I'm sure she'll be happy. To scrap it, would cost her to have someone take it down, with scrap value covering maybe 20% of that. -BTW I figure, you're lucky she still has it.

A couple of years ago someone near me had a Winegard 10 footer that they did not want to get rid of. Then one day I was driving by and the dish was on the ground and ripped apart. I talked to the owner and he said his kids were scrapping it for beer money! He said I could have anything but the aluminum so I snagged the actuator, feedhorn and the mount. Those boyz ended up leaving the dish at the scrap yard and not getting anything for it because they left some metal screws in the aluminum. What a waste of a BUD for trying to get a Bud. :(

A couple of years ago someone near me had a Winegard 10 footer that they did not want to get rid of. Then one day I was driving by and the dish was on the ground and ripped apart. I talked to the owner and he said his kids were scrapping it for beer money! He said I could have anything but the aluminum so I snagged the actuator, feedhorn and the mount. Those boyz ended up leaving the dish at the scrap yard and not getting anything for it because they left some metal screws in the aluminum. What a waste of a BUD for trying to get a Bud. :(

An offense like that they should be tied to a tree with the ribbon cable for such a terrible crime.

On the other hand, are there any paraclipse dishes smaller then 12ft? I might of scoped one out the other day

On the other hand, are there any paraclipse dishes smaller then 12ft? I might of scoped one out the other day
I'm pretty sure there are, or at least knock-offs. I spotted a smaller dish with the Classic's shape, but the dish was damaged, did not pursue it.

If you are talking the classic paraclypse with the heavy duty struts that look like trusses, they did make a 10 foot size. I have an old pice list that does NOT mention cost of purchasing a 10 foot dish, but does mention kits available for upgrading the mesh for a ten foot classic.

So they pulled it out last summer. I looked at it Sunday and it looks good. I took some pics and hope to post soon. It says Echostar and is around 7'. I need to find a way to knock off the concrete on the bottom.

At least it looks usable. The one I saw years ago was so messed up I could only grab the feedhorn and rings. I am using the feedhorn on my 5' now.

$20. and if there's a salami sandwich and a drink offered, another 10 or so doesn't sound bad in my book. I'm sure she'll be happy. To scrap it, would cost her to have someone take it down, with scrap value covering maybe 20% of that. -BTW I figure, you're lucky she still has it.

So I found a second dish today.
An 8'
It is on top of about 6' poll so it will take a bit more to pull down.
Guy says $25 is fine for it and seemed eager to let it go.
Will send pics soon.

dcp_0017.jpgdcp_0016.jpgA friend and I found this 10 foot mesh last week .Homeowner said his wife had been after him a long time to get rid of it. We told him we'd get it out of her way. Went back today to take it down and bring it home, the homeowner ask if we wanted another one. His next door neighbor has one that he wanted out of the way. So, in a day or so, we'll go back and take down a 7 1/2 foot. We're just trying to help them keep their yards from being cluttered........

dcp_0018.jpgdcp_0020.jpgdcp_0022.jpgPicked up this 7 1/2 foot this morning, next door where we got the 10 foot yesterday. I was surprized to see it was a SamI. Anyway, I helped them unclutter their yard and brought it home. The home owner thanked me two or three times for taking it away.

The 8' I found is a Unimesh (sp). I need to check the brand again when I point it.
Also need to check the LNB brand again. It think it was a Norsat 20K?
The picture without anyone in it is the before
The one with a guy in it is after we moved it.

The poll was easy to pull out. No concrete and the soil had some sand in it. We even grabbed the pole for scrap. About 8' 3"
Why is it when you get people to move dishes they drive like they are moving nothing, fast?

Attachments

• eightfootdish-beforepull.jpg
    eightfootdish-beforepull.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 204
  • eightfootdish-small.jpg
    eightfootdish-small.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 217
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)