Adventures in dish hunting and what we find

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Nice find Anole!!
I doubt the round Andrew is 1m, but I can live and hope.
I would bet money that is a 1M.

Andrew adopted the Channel Master molds and I suspect that if it was less than a 1M, it would be elliptical just like the Primestars. I could be wrong, and often am, but until Mike Kohl or another dealer says different, I'll stand by my statement.

I haven't ever heard of anyone trying the wide x short dish for Ku, but it probably will work.

Everyone knows about the Direc-Way dishes and their limitations. :)

Hope you get one or all of them! :D

Satellite Dish Hunting

Hello everyone,
In all of your travels of Satellite Dish Hunting did you ever find any that were painted that added their own artwork to them?
HappySatellite.jpg

Oh, Happy Day!

cowhidedish.jpg

Is it Cowhide or Gateway?
psychedelic_dishes.jpg

Psychedelic or is it the water?

I haven’t, but was thinking of painting mine so that I can see it in one of the satellite shots of my area where I live.

Or did you find a dish that was near lots and lots of them?

TVaddict.jpg

TV? Yeah I got Satellite TV!

UltimateAntennaTree.jpg

This piece connected to part A and part A connected to part B and....

many_red_dishes.jpg

many_dishes.jpg

thetowerofsatellitedishes.jpg

:eek:

I haven’t, not yet anyway, however I did find a site on the internet that features some of them.
I found some of these at a site called Dark Roasted Blend, Satellite Dish Art at: http://www.darkroastedblend.com/2007/07/fun-with-satellite-dishes.html

There are many more and you can also see the photo credits for each one too.

Take care,
Tom

:D

Last edited:
OH my never thought of dishes as being an eyesore but that last hi rise takes the cake.
IS that for real?

Is it Real????

OH my never thought of dishes as being an eyesore but that last hi rise takes the cake.
IS that for real?
Hey gpat,
Neither did I when I found it on the Internet. Has to be re touched with a program like Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro! After all how could anybody see out side of their windows. Another thing I think it would be some kind of Fire Hazard incase there was a fire. Who ever made it sure put a lot of time and effort into it. If it was real, I sure wouldn't want to live there!
Tom :D

Dish 2nd from the left?

While working on property claims in a new town today, I found a solid birdview but the camera memory card was full by then. I also found 3 large cband and 2 1m primestars and a fortec dish all at the same house and obviously not in use. I thought it was abandoned then the ac unit kicked on while I was snapping some quick photos. I will have to go back and hopefully have some people with me as the thought of getting shot crossed my mind when the ac came on.

edit: the picture that looks like a bush actually has a 1m channel master in it. There is also a fortec dish on the back of the building and another 10 foot dish with a button hook I didn't get a picture of. The second primestar is actually in the tree/bush behind the one in the first picture.
Hello osu1991,
Do you know the make of the dish that you have listed here, the 2nd from the left? Did you get any photos from behind it?
Thanks,
Tom

Attachments

• DSC05929.JPG
    DSC05929.JPG
    648.3 KB · Views: 226
This is my second dish installed at this location. I will have to find pictures of the 11 foot white monster! I installed this KTI 7.5' on 10/1/1998 - we marked it on the pole. It was painted sandstone because the original owner wanted it to match the beach, it was to be mounted at a bar on the beach. It was never installed and I picked it up for $100 including a new Uniden Supra receiver. Everything else I purchased separately. It's all C-band.

It is still in use, although parked on Galaxy 5 (or whatever the current name is where TBS and Showtime are on).

I do move it monthly to what used to be Spacenet 3 and back down to what used to be F4. I am a little outdated on the satellites. in 10 years the only issue was a wasp nest (this summer) and the actuator motor. I needed to clean the magnets as I was getting a motor error.

I plan on upgrading the feed and LNB to Ku at some point. I just do want an all in one unit, dish mover, receiver, decoder.

I grew up with satellite TV and remember the standalone receiver a Tracker(?), and then a dish mover box and finally the VideoCipher box. 3 remotes!

Here are the pictures of it from today and this summers reception problem. I thought i had the feed pretty well sealed.

Attachments

• 0327081740.jpg
    0327081740.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 233
  • 0327081834.jpg
    0327081834.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 235
  • DSC02353.JPG
    DSC02353.JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 226
  • DSC02354.JPG
    DSC02354.JPG
    54.6 KB · Views: 232
Man I would hated to have opened that thing when all the wasps were in it! For some reason they don't get in mine-I think the anoles who like to hang out in there keep them ran away. Thank you anoles! I hate getting wasp-stung!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)