Advice for a new customer

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

racerx-99

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 1, 2010
Gainesville, FL
So I had basic cable service with a series 2 Tivo. My cable company finally did one price increase (gouge) too many. So Dish here I come!

I'm ordering the top 120 plan + HD (including locals) + a CW superstation a la carte (the local CW isn't included in our Dish Locals) with a 722 DVR to serve 2 tvs (1 HD, 1 SD). We actually have another SD set, I'm hoping to sweet talk the installer into mirroring the SD signal to it.

Anyway, given all that, is there advice that I should now before my install on Tuesday? Anything I should watch out for/ask for? Is the 922 really worth $200?

The only channels I'll miss are FX and Animal Planet, but they're not worth $14 more per month, I'll just catch the occasional show on Hulu or online. I wish they'd offer them a la carte!

Unless you regularly want to watch content wireless on a computer, No, the 922 is not worth $200.00

If your going to get Dish, you can go through Dishstore and get up to a $75 rebate above and beyond the current dish network offer.

Hmmm, I've already setup everything straight through Dish. I looked at the Dishstore site, and looked really out of date (still listed America's Top 100, not Top 120, still showed the TurboHD plans). Is it worth canceling my current agreement to save the $75? I'm a bit leery with the inaccuracies on the site.

Hmmm, I've already setup everything straight through Dish. I looked at the Dishstore site, and looked really out of date (still listed America's Top 100, not Top 120, still showed the TurboHD plans). Is it worth canceling my current agreement to save the $75? I'm a bit leery with the inaccuracies on the site.
You were obviously looking at some other site/retailer. Dishstore has it right.
Programming

You should not have to sweet talk the installer into "mirroring" the SD signal to your other TV. Since you had basic cable, it is preetty easy to distribute BOTH of the signals (TV1 and TV2) from your 722 or 722k back through your existing cable to ALL of the cable outlets in your house. Thus, any 2 TV's in the house can be watching 2 different channels. Of course, except for the HD TV that is connected directly to the 722, all would be receiving SD signals.

I hope you enjoy Dish--I love it!

Cancelled and reordered

Thanks guys, I did cancel and reorder through dishstore. They were very nice and almost everything was very smooth. Only glitch was that they weren't able to specify a 722 vs. a 722K, and though they did send me an OTA module, it cost me an extra $30, I suppose. Cuts into that $75 rebate :(.

Tech was really good and knowledgeable and set me up pretty well I think. Even set me up with some spiffy new Dishcom power-line networking modules since my main tv is nowhere near an Ethernet port (I have wireless available there only). Plus he injected the remote signals into the coax as well, as the remote wasn't connecting very well from the other rooms.

Otherwise, still getting used to the 722, had some quirks which I put up in the technical thread.

We really appreciate the order and glad to see you where installed the other day. Although we cannot specify which 722 you will get, it does look like you got the 722K.

Yea, really can't do anything about the OTA modual, as thats a DISH Network policy. However we did give you free next day air shipping :)

Now all you need to do is mail in the rebate form for $75 cash back

Again, Thank You for your business

Claude Greiner
Dishstore.net

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts