Advice for replacing old D10 receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

evoman

Original poster
Apr 9, 2016
Toronto
Finally my D10 bit the dust. I am up in Canada - what are my best options for obtaining a replacement. My guess is that the $50 used D10s that are on Ebay are probably not the best option.

:welcome to Satelliteguys evoman!

If you do buy from eBay, get the RID from the receiver and check with the access card department to be sure it's owned and not leased. You can't use someone else's leased box on your account, it must be owned.

I cut the cord recently and have two DRD435RHs and a D12.
I paid lke $70 for the D12 from DirecTV, but when I called to cancel they said I did not actually
pay for it. I refused to send it back and they billed me for an addition 60$ for the D12.
So I paid like $130 for the D12 out of principle.

Let me know if you cant find a D12, I may be willing to let go of it.
I have no use for it any more.

I cut the cord recently and have two DRD435RHs and a D12.
I paid lke $70 for the D12 from DirecTV, but when I called to cancel they said I did not actually
pay for it. I refused to send it back and they billed me for an addition 60$ for the D12.
So I paid like $130 for the D12 out of principle.

Let me know if you cant find a D12, I may be willing to let go of it.
I have no use for it any more.
About 2005, Directv went from you buying a receiver to leasing you receivers. If you aren't eligible to receive a free upgrade or are adding a receiver, you are likely going to be paying for a leased unit you don't own.

About 2005, Directv went from you buying a receiver to leasing you receivers. If you aren't eligible to receive a free upgrade or are adding a receiver, you are likely going to be paying for a leased unit you don't own.

So I kept it, they billed me a little more, and in the end I don't even own it anyway?

EDIT: it was added to the 2 others I had previously.

So I kept it, they billed me a little more, and in the end I don't even own it anyway?

Correct. If you lease an auto, you pay an upfront fee and then get to make payments. You then have to turn it back in. D* uses the upfront, offset fee to get you to help pay for the costs. If you do want to buy one that is supposed to be "owned", get the receiver ID# and call the access card dept and verify it is eligible to be bought and owned.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)