Advice for separate building

Hotel Wifi (or any public wifi) = unprotected sex with a street whore.

I didn't get my first laptop until 2010, but ever since then I've had USB cellular modems and mobile hotspots. Given how hotels are usually clustered around interstate off ramps, and cell reception is for the most part pretty good on and around interstates. I've never had a problem whether it be Sprint 3G and 4G WiMax in 2011 at the Holiday Inn in Front Royal, VA or T-Mobile 5G at a Hampton Inn on the West Virginia/Kentucky border a couple of months ago. I'll bring my own internet access thank you very much. I'd be willing to trade a lifetime refusal of hotel wifi and continental breakfasts for as little as a $5/night savings. Both are completely useless to me. Don't really need the TV either, my last trip I didn't turn the TV on once. Give me a clean, stain free bed and a shower and that's all I need.

Really? I stayed in a Motel 6 with Spectrum gig internet (if you used the in room RJ45 jack) and they had DirecTV via a H25 in each room.

I still did some bring my own TV by plugging my laptop's HDMI to the TV's HDMI and using my directv account online to get channels the hotel was not subscribed to.

Obviously they've upgraded fairly recently. They might have had CRTs, SD channels and wifi that worked only in the rooms next to the office if you went a few years ago :)

Why not just put up a OTA antenna for the TV's?
Haha. "City Slickers" or "Flatlanders" as they are called here. OTA antenna? Haha. Maybe....maybe PBS on a good night. We live way out in the sticks so an ota antenna and the fact that pixelation (versus plain old snow with ntcs) makes receiving stations 90 bird-miles away over hills and valleys quite difficult. As I mentioned. On a good night.

Haha. "City Slickers" or "Flatlanders" as they are called here. OTA antenna? Haha. Maybe....maybe PBS on a good night. We live way out in the sticks so an ota antenna and the fact that pixelation (versus plain old snow with ntcs) makes receiving stations 90 bird-miles away over hills and valleys quite difficult. As I mentioned. On a good night.
Diffraction is your friend.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)