Advice Needed - R15 with Stacker

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

manhole

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 20, 2006
Hi guys,

I need some advice on the use of a stacker. I want to make sure what I'm trying to do will work before I try it.

I currently have a Samsung DirecTivo in the master bedroom with two runs going to it directly from a tripple LNB dish. The other two runs are going directly into the first bedroom (about 30 feet of cable). From there one of the coax cables is not being used, and the other one feeds into the homes coaxial cable which runs to the family room (which currently has a D10 standard box). I just purchased an R15 to replace the standard receiver in the family room.

Now on to my question... Can I use a stacker inside of the first bedroom to take the signal from both coax's running in there, and combine it to one coax that runs to the family room? From what I understand, stackers are usually installed right by the satellite with short cables only a few feet long. Will it cause any problems that the cable runs from the dish to inside the house are about 30 feet long (before going to the stacker)? Will I need to use the power inserter for the stacker in this case? If so, what does it connect to?

I understand that the R15 has a built in de-stacker, so what will I need in back of the receiver to split the signal into two cables?

Any help/info is greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!

-Manhole

I just realized that I posted this in the wrong forum, can a mod please move this to the DirecTV DVR forum. Thanks!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)