Advice Needed to save $$

Status
Please reply by conversation.

arkmat

Original poster
Aug 23, 2005
Hi Guys,
I would appreciate some advise on the most economical way to add another receiver, I live in the mid-west an have just recently had my Direct TV installed, Unfortunetly I did not have the foresite to get enough receivers. I have purchased a receiver but now find that my multi switch is full! My system consists of 2 Direct TV Dishes, a 4x4 Multi switch, a DVR and two receivers, I need to add 1 more receiver, as I said, I have the receiver, what is the cheapest way of getting it hooked up and working? Do I have to buy a bigger multi switch? And if so, are there any good buys out there? Can I split one of the feeds an go to 2 seperate receivers an get different channels on both? I confess to be really ignorant on the workings, I repair computers but I'm lost as a goose here? All help and advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, Monty.
[/SIZE]

I'm not sure if 4x4's are cascadable, if thay are then you can just add a multiswitch and connect it to one of your existing switch outputs; hook up your new receiver and your old one that you disconnected to the new switch and you are done.

Or you could swap out your current multiswitch to a 5x8 with will give you room for future growth. VE has one for $100 smackers.

Thanks for the help. I was hoping for a little cheaper solution but even us penny pinchers have to step up sometimes. Thanks Again.

arkmat said:
Thanks for the help. I was hoping for a little cheaper solution but even us penny pinchers have to step up sometimes. Thanks Again.

On 8/5 I ordered a Dynex DX-MS101 5x8 multiswitch from Consumer Depot for 1.99 plus 12.50 s/h for a total of 14.49. It arrived in new, factory-sealed condition, and has been operating fine.

I can't verify if this offer is still good, as their website is currently down. But the point is you should not have to pay anything near to $100 for a 5x8 multiswitch if you look around for a better deal.

NOW THATS WHAT I"M TALKIN BOUT!!!! :) :) Thanks for the lead, the deal is about 17.50 shipping an all now but THat was what I was hoping to find, One last question, did your multiswitch from Consumer Depot come with the AC DC Adapter? Thanks again

arkmat said:
NOW THATS WHAT I"M TALKIN BOUT!!!! :) :) Thanks for the lead, the deal is about 17.50 shipping an all now but THat was what I was hoping to find, One last question, did your multiswitch from Consumer Depot come with the AC DC Adapter? Thanks again

Yes, the adapter is included.

Status
Please reply by conversation.