Advice on 119 Low Odd, No Even

Resolution

The local dish networks technician came by today. To make a long story- short, we moved the dish to a different location and on a higher elevation pole. We were able to find a location with a much clearer line of site with
hopefully no long term tree problems.

2-Hours and everything is back to normal. The new configuration is giving me a steady 112 on Sat-119 and around 80-85 on Sat-110. In fact, as I type this now we are having a summer shower and the reception is fine.

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions - Now that I'm more knowledgable about Satellite TV, I've included this forum to my favorites list.

Just for future reference, people should (MUST) specify both the satellite AND the transponder number when quoting signal strengths.

Transponders vary wildly for several valid reasons (not in use, odd/even, spotbeams, age, etc.).

With a 112 on the 119 bird, I would expect higher numbers on the 110 bird than 80-85, but I can't really say because it may not be an apples to apples comparison.

Good man! You did it right.

Now, I'll say that I think the 110 bird should be coming in a little better than that, but I don't remember your location, so you may be as good as good gets.

I wouldn't worry about it unless you start getting dropouts on 110.

Happy Viewing! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)