Advice on "Moving" to NY for HD locals?

Rlanham

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 22, 2004
I have a 61.5 dish, and used to get CBS-HD east.

Can someone give me definitive answer that
If I "move" to New York City, that ALL New York City "HD locals" will come in on my 61.5 dish, just like CBS-HD east used to, without making any changes to to my current setup.

It was closer to "move" to St. Louis, MO (90 miles).. but HD locals there come in on 118,, and I didn't want to switch to a dish 1000

Thanks,

I have a 61.5 dish, and used to get CBS-HD east.

Can someone give me definitive answer that
If I "move" to New York City, that ALL New York City "HD locals" will come in on my 61.5 dish, just like CBS-HD east used to, without making any changes to to my current setup.

All NY locals in HD? NO
The Big 4? Yes

It was closer to "move" to St. Louis, MO (90 miles).. but HD locals there come in on 187,, and I didn't want to switch to a dish 1000

Thanks,

I think you mean 118 :D

with a 61.5 dish, you could "move" to NYC, Boston, Philly, or Washington DC and get the "big 4" in HD.

So no spot beams in those markets... hmmm..... what other markets have all four HDs in no spot beams? Are the SD locals (for other TVs in the household) also not on spot beams?

with distants going dead on december 1st there is no reason for echostar to continue to use national transponders for sd locals. so whatever might still be on a conus feed (i think the big four in denver is all that remains) won't be for much longer.

there is also no reason for them to use conus feeds for the hd locals but they have largely chosen to distribute these via satellites that do not support spotbeams (mostly because there isn't enough available bandwidth at 110 and 119).

markets in hd are here:

http://ekb.dbstalk.com/hdlocal.htm

the ones from 129 and 61.5 are conus. the ones from 110 are spotbeams.

with distants going dead on december 1st there is no reason for echostar to continue to use national transponders for sd locals. so whatever might still be on a conus feed (i think the big four in denver is all that remains) won't be for much longer.

Chicago & NY big 4 SD are STILL conus... ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts