Status
Please reply by conversation.

W_Tracy_Parnell

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 19, 2005
South of Buffalo NY
Since it has been kind of quiet here I would like to know what PC card is the best in the opinion of the users here. I want to use it mostly to get 4:2:2 and HD feeds. I have an Athlon 2800 with 1 GB RAM, GEForce FX 5500, Audigy 2, and 2 hard drives-a 120 GB and a 200 GB.

Also, which software app. is best and why? I have read some old threads but would like some up to date info.

Thanks in advance for any help.

W_Tracy_Parnell said:
Since it has been kind of quiet here I would like to know what PC card is the best in the opinion of the users here. I want to use it mostly to get 4:2:2 and HD feeds. I have an Athlon 2800 with 1 GB RAM, GEForce FX 5500, Audigy 2, and 2 hard drives-a 120 GB and a 200 GB.

Also, which software app. is best and why? I have read some old threads but would like some up to date info.

Thanks in advance for any help.

I like my Twinhan cards and have not had any problems with both a 1020
or 102g card, older 1020 I have been using for almost 2 1/2 years.
I usually use DVBDream for HD and 4:2:2 but I think MyTheater is a better
program.

Another question for you or anyone that knows. I have limited space in my PC (added video card and Audigy) but I think I can free up some room by taking out my old dial-up modem card (use cable now). How "thick" are the Twinhans? They are not as big as a regular video card are they? If so my only option would be USB.

Wayn23 said:
I like my Twinhan cards and have not had any problems with both a 1020
or 102g card, older 1020 I have been using for almost 2 1/2 years.
I usually use DVBDream for HD and 4:2:2 but I think MyTheater is a better
program.

They are not any thicker than a video card, and only a bit thicker than a modem. The biggest part is the tuner piece.

I have a 1020a, but it is bad, just make sure you test it very well before the warranty goes on it, and stay away from ebay on these in case it's bad.

I, along with Cascade, have been using ProgDVB but I have tried MyTheater and RitzDVB and DVBDream. I usually go back to ProgDVB but maybe because I am comfortable with it.

I think it depends on what you're doing with it.

ProdDVB is best as a desktop application. In a Home Theatre enviroment, as I use my Twinhan 102g, MyTheatre is alot better for a decent GUI and built-in remote compatibility. One of Prog's big pluses though is it's free ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.