Advise about 622

David St

Original poster
Dec 24, 2004
Hi, I have three receivers..an 811 for HD, a 522 for dvr to our main large screen tv and a bedroom tv, and a 301 for a basement tv. If i ordered the 622, I could do away with both the 811 and 522, correct? How easy is it to hook up the 622 to our current system? Should I have an installer do it or is it just a matter of switching some wires? Will I need a different dish? Sorry if my questions are basic, but so am I!;) thanks :hatsoff:

Since you have multiple sat feeds ran to your main TV's location, yes, it's as easy as swapping the 522 and 811 with the 622. It requires (2) feeds, like the 522, though you can get away with one by using a separator. Since you've already got the cables there, use 'em. Also like the 522, there's a TV2 output that can continue to feed the basement TV.

The 622 will make you eligible to receive add'l HD channels that are, I believe, only available off of the 61.5' and 129' satellites. Are you already pointed at either of those ??

I went on the system and it looks like I am pointed at 119 for the 522 and 105 and 110 for the 811. Sounds like I will need someone to aim the dish at the correct satellites, no? I am in the rolling hills of southeastern Ohio. Dave

You have a 105' SuperDish (probably). When you order the 622 Dish will see this and will replace it with a Dish 1000. What "locals" do you receive ??

If you have a 105 superdish idiotic dish will want to add a 129 wing dish for your new HD channels, they will also add a 44ddplus switch, which is nice to have. I would have your installer give you two dish 500's or a dish 1000.2. The superdish LDB's are heat sensitive aka as defective. Get rid of your superdish. To answer your original question yes you can use the 622 to replace the 811 and 522 as long as the 811 and 522 are running the same television. It does not sound like you will need any additional cabling if that is the situation. If you can do it make sure your back feed to your bedroom is a dedicated line and is not diplexed. The picture quality is a lot better and make sure to use channel 21 offair of 73 cable feed you get the least amount of db of loss at those channel numbers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)