Advise on How to aim SuperDish 105

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
So, because you found 2 receivers that worked your way, that automatically expands your conclusion to the entire world of E* equipment. There' several threads floating around here & DBSTalk that show that there are some receivers that will NOT accept software unless a core bird is on port #1.

I only respond to your ravings in order to keep the other readers from taking your bad advice.

Look!

SimpleSimon said:
So, because you found 2 receivers that worked your way, that automatically expands your conclusion to the entire world of E* equipment. There' several threads floating around here & DBSTalk that show that there are some receivers that will NOT accept software unless a core bird is on port #1.

I only respond to your ravings in order to keep the other readers from taking your bad advice.

Simple, you Babel nonsense!!! You already got several post closed cause of your insane Alegance to your self!!! Let the other folks put their two dimes in. Add about five nickles, put that together with seventy five cents and you might be able to communicate With someone who copulates!!!

I could not get it to work unless I followed the instructions to a T. I have always connected 119 up to port 1 first to get that signal in then disconnected it from port 1 and connected 105 to port 1, 110 to port 2, and 119 to port 3. I have always been able to get it to work since. Now I can see what you are saying, that perhaps the disconnection of 119 off of port 1 is not necessary once it is put on there since you can just put 105 and 110 on the other two ports, although I have not tried that. I do know that 119 needs to be connected to port 1 to begin with so that you can find that satellite first (since it helps you find 105 by being very close or locked onto it).

When I first started doing the SuperDish installations the software was not there that has 105/121 FSS satellites so you had no choice but to put 119 on port 1 to download that software first. The second instruction in Aiming the Dish for the Strongest Signal on Page 9 indicates the following:

Connect the coaxial cable from the outermost DBS LNB to the LNB port 1 on a DSH Pro or DISH Pro Plus multi-dish witch (either DP34 or DP+44). Connecting to port 1 is necessary to ensure the signal is passing through the switch to the receiver while peaking.

The outermost lnbf is 119 for the 105 SuperDish.

Ok,

I agree, use port 1 for peaking, when done peaking, put 105 on 1, 110 on 2, and 119 on 3! Works like a champ. Or you could use a meter, and bypass the switch while peaking and then connect 105 to 1, 110 to 2, and 119 to 3. Hmmmmm, mine works, even with Terminators!!!! :eek:

Guys I am trying to use a Dp34 with a Superdish for 121 Bird and my 3800 receiver won´t detect it .I tried to use a 301-10 and saw only two sats then for some reason never turned on again,so far I have followed your recomendations unsuccesfully,I tried another Dp34 with the same results.Is the 3800 incompatible with the Dp34? and If so what can be used instead,the software on the receiver sees each satellite separately without the switch, with good signal,usually over 100.
Thanks in advance

The 3800 is not compatible with a SuperDISH. It will not detect the 121 satellite regardless of what you do. However, it will work just fine for the 110/119 satellites.

Welcome aboard, dirt50!

I can neither confirm nor deny chaddux's statement about the 3800 & 121, so ...

My first question is whether you're using the required DishPro adapter.

Second is whether a modern receiver is seeing both sides of all 3 birds.

My reference for my statement is from this guide.

"The following receivers can be placed within a SuperDISH installation, but are incapable of recognizing the FSS locations (105° and 121°): Models 1000, 2000, 3000, 4000, 5000, DISHPlayer, JVC-DVHS (“IRR”) and PCI."

I am assuming that it means the x000 series of receivers. I suppose it could mean JUST the 3000 which would null my statement.

Thanks for the reference. :) Maybe we can get some old receiver owners to chime in - maybe some software has been updated since the guide was published - or not. ;)

The 3900 & the 2800 see the FSS birds just fine. Only those specific model receivers have problems with the SD.

As for how to run the wires into the switch, look at it this way: The most important E* bird in the 119, so it should always be on Port 1 on any switch. The 110 is the second most important bird, and should always be on port 2. Then, if you have a 61.5/148 wing, port 3. On SD, the 105/121 on port 3 w/ a DP34, and port 4 w/ a DP+44. While the DP+44 shows up on a legacy receiver as an SW21 4-sat, if the receiver doesn't have support for the FSS birds, you may loose whatever is on port 4, so it should always be the FSS. Hope this makes a little more sense to everyone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts