After Motor Setup

Status
Please reply by conversation.

RT-Cat

"My person-well trained"
Original poster
May 30, 2011
Cold, Cold,Michigan USA
So the motor is set up and you used USALS and have a list of satellites. But, some in the list are set to fixed dishes. How do you keep the dish from moving when it is not necessary to move?

RT.

So the motor is set up and you used USALS and have a list of satellites. But, some in the list are set to fixed dishes. How do you keep the dish from moving when it is not necessary to move?

RT.
Disable the option to use USALS or DiseqC motor in your receiver menu. What receiver are you using?

RTCat,

You can disable or enable the motor function for one or more satellites within your list. If you have Galaxy 19 on a fixed point (stationary dish), and AMC 21 on the motor, you just set up the parameters in your menus accordingly. You can have motors and fixed point dishes and USALS/DiSEqC setups all across the board. It doesn't matter. You can set any satellite up for any motor control that suits your needs and situation (no motor, USALS or DiSEqC). You can combine any combination of these as your situation requires.

Each individual satellite's setup allows you to select one or the other parameter at your discretion. If you have one sat in your list set up for use with USALS, you can have the adjacent sat set up as a fixed point with no motor control or have it guided using DiSEqC 1.2. It won't matter.

As you scroll though your channel list to access one or the other sat, your receiver will automatically select how to access each satellite automatically based upon how you programmed it. You can mix and mingle every option that you like.

Have fun and play around with it. Experiment and learn it all for yourself or take my word for it. With most receivers, you can do just about anything you desire.

RADAR

You have to set up the motor control for each sat as you go along (if it is a fixed point non-motorized dish, just select NONE or turn the motor control feature OFF and use the SWITCH features to access that sat). Do you follow me? It is simple if you think about it all.

RADAR

RTCat,

You can disable or enable the motor function for one or more satellites within your list......You can combine any combination of these as your situation requires.....You can mix and mingle every option that you like.

Have fun and play around with it. Experiment and learn it all for yourself or take my word for it. With most receivers, you can do just about anything you desire.

RADAR
Yes, it all sunk in to my old head. I am about to set the dish on the new pole and was a tad bit :confused: on just how that worked. Got it now.
Thanks,

RT.

S9.
Uhmmmm, if you disable the USALS option, won't that just stop the motor from moving? Maybe I am not understanding your answer......:confused:

RT.

Just disable the motor for the particular Satellite that is fixed, it will not affect the others.

Edit: I see, RADAR explained it.

Last edited:
Just disable the motor for the particular Satellite that is fixed, it will not affect the others.

Right on, Babadem!

Each satellite in the list can have its own motor setting (OFF or USALS or DiSEqC). Setting it OFF will not affect the control of the other sats in the list. When using USALS, the entry for the lat / long will affect all the satellites which have been selected to use USALS. One coordinate entry for any one satellite will be copied to all the other satellites which are set up to use USALS.

For all the satellites in the list, with motor control set to ON or otherwise, the switch settings will be specific to each individual satellite.

RADAR

Change the location to 0.0 degreees West on those dishes that you want fixed. I did it with Hispasat since I have a secondish connected with a Diseq switch to the motorized 1.2 dish LNB

Change the location to 0.0 degreees West on those dishes that you want fixed. I did it with Hispasat since I have a secondish connected with a Diseq switch to the motorized 1.2 dish LNB

Vondertrenk,

It is a better practice to simply leave the motor control set to OFF for any fixed point dishes. It avoids confusion in the satellite list and it will prevent the motor from receiving any undesired control signals. It can, under specific conditions, prevent the motor from moving or trying to move when it is not desired.

RADAR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)